I Want to Remove my Silicone Implants, the Pain is Unbearable and I Need to Know How They Would Look Like After Being Removed?

i am a 37 years old woman, ,i'm 170cm, 61kg , and i ve got 350cc implant,i had my silicone implanted in 2010 and i have been in pain all the time.therefore i am thinking of removing them forever , but my fear is will they look like an empty balloon ??? please i need an answer that would relax me

+1

No one can truly predict this as each soft tissue envelope will respond differently, but you may do well with just removal.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast implant removals, breast augmentation revisions, and breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Appearance after implant removal

+1

It is hard to predict what your breasts will look like after removing the implants.  They will certainly be smaller, but the amount the skin will contract is hard to predict.  You can consider a lift procedure at a later time if you're unhappy with the new look.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast appearance after implant removal

+1

It is not normal to have constant breast pain 3 years after breast augmentation, so I can understand you are considering implant removal. One question that I have is whether or not you have a capsular contracture causing your pain. If that is the case, one other option is treating the capsule to see if that improves your symptoms. However whether or not you want to bother with that option is really up to you. Both are reasonable options. How the breasts will look after depends on how much breast tissue you have, and how your skin responds after implant removal. How your breasts heal is not entirely predictable since each patient (and even each breast on the same patient) heals differently. The surgeon can use techniques that set you up for the best result during surgery, but cannot control how well your skin retracts after surgery. It looks like you would benefit from a breast lift already, so without the implants I would expect you will need a lift at a later date. However, it is my preference to do the lift at a second stage for two reasons. 1-Some patients have good skin retraction and like their shape after surgery and don't need a lift, and 2-the breast envelope and skin can retract differently on one side versus the other, so a lift planned at the time of the first surgery can look asymmetric after time passes and the scar forces are different between breasts. Before making any decisions, I would recommend having an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience doing breast implant revisions and removals. That way you can learn about your options and together decide what is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.anitapatelmd.com/gallery/breast/

Appearance after breast implant removal

+1

It is hard to predict exactly what you will look like after implant removal. You are thin and the implants are a decent size - without them you will look deflated. What did you look like prior to augmentation? That may provide a good guess as to your results, but you may look more deflated than prior to augmentation. You can try a smaller saline implant, but then you may need a lifting procedure. Have you had your implants imaged? You should check to assure they are intact. If you want to be somewhere around the same appearance after implant removal, then you will need to have implants replaced. You may, however, have continued discomfort. Without any implant replaced, you may benefit from a breastlift; however, you could consider doing that at a later time.

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/baltimore-cosmetic-surgery-photos/breast-revision/

Explantation

+1

It is difficult to predict what the breasts will look like if you remove the implants. Everyone heals differently.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.