I Want to Reduce my Implants As Soon As Possible. Will I Need a Lift?

I had surgery two weeks ago. I had salines filled to 425 and moved to get saline implants filled to 625. I thought this would move me from a C to a D, but I fear that this is going to be much larger. If I wait the recommended 12 weeks for a replacement, will this cause my skin to relax too much and make me need a lift that I didnt need two weeks ago? The purpose of my surgery was to get an internal bra for symmastia which appears to be holding very well. I thought that fact would be helpful.

Further Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery Indicated?

+1

Every patient situation and goal is unique  and should be evaluated carefully. Unfortunately, online consultation will not “do justice” to your situation.  I think you need to sit down and have a detailed conversation with your plastic surgeon about your goals and concerns.

Your plastic surgeon, who knows you best and has the advantage of being able to examine you carefully ( including critical factors such as skin elasticity)  will be able to advise you much more accurately than any online consultant. Whether or not you will need a breast lift if you downsize breast implants can only be  accurately determined after this physical examination.

For example, you will find that the “knee-jerk” response to your question will be "wait several additional months";  although I generally agree with this approach, it may or may not be the best course of action for you as a unique individual.

Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon and communicate your goals/concerns carefully.

Implant concerns

+1

You should wait a few months because you have to let things settle down.  As swelling diminishes, the implants also may not look as big.

It is better to be patient rather than to panic

+1

your surgery was 2 weeks ago and you went up 200cc.  I don't think it is such a dramatic difference and if you actually compare the implant dimension differences you will find it's not that huge.  At 2 weeks you're looking at a lot of swelling that will settle down.

Be patient.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implant reduction

+1
First, I recommend that you wait in order to see what size you actually become after the swelling has gone down. No one wants to operate prematurely and unnecessarily. If you aren't happy, then I do not think that waiting an extra two months will result in ptosis. It does take time for patients to adapt to the new size and, in your case, shape of the breasts so I'd be patient in the short run.

Robert L. Kraft, MD