I Want a Pointy Chin, Should I Consider an Implant or a Filler?

i had a rhinoplasty that narrowed my nose and lifted the tip.

Chin implant can make chin appear sharper

+1

depending on the type of implant used a chin implant can make then chin appear sharper.  fillers such as radiesse are also an option

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=chin_augmentation&id=04

What's a pointy chin?

+1

It would be important to define exactly how you want a new chin to look. If you want only a little change for a short period of time, fillers would be fine. More change and permanent change requires an implant.

There are several different shapes of implants available. What do you want your chin to look like?

You may want to consider your options when it comes to fillers or implants for chin augmentation

+1

Fillers tend to be temporary and generally fill an area but not necessarily shape the area. However, fillers may be able to help you determine if you desire a larger chin without undergoing surgery. If you try the filler first, it may give you time to assess the effect on your appearance and if you should pursue long term solutions. In this event chin implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes. You will be able to "pick" out a shape that achieves your desires.

More complex than this

+1

You should be evaluated for this. On first blush, fillers seem like they won't work.

Your occlusion (how the teeth come together), jaw length, chin proportions, etc., all go into the the analysis. You may do better with orthodontia, jaw surgery, a chin inplant, or a combination of the above.

Fillers are temporary, and it would take huge amount of it to make a difference.

sek

Your picture will help

+1

If you are not sure, you may find a plastic surgeon that offer Mirror imaging , With this program you can morph your preop picture and you can evaluate how much volume you need if any. Filler are tempoary and it may work in your case but all depends how much volume you need.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.