I Want a Nose Job to Make my Nose Smaller and Change the Shape, is This Possible?

I have always disliked my nose, and at times it has made me feel very unhappy. I don't like how wide it is, and my nostrils stick out a bit. I wonder if it was possible to make my nose a little smaller, and change the shape. I don't want my nostrils to stick out in pictures and I don't like how flat it is. How much roughly would cost it me to get this done?

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+2

Your case is a typical #ethnicrhinoplasty. The base of the tip can be narrowed by removing a wedge of skin from the lower outside edge of the nostrils. The flatness of the tip is reduced by rolling the tip cartilages together towards the tip and suturing them in place with or without a cartilage strut graft in the midline between the nostrils. Cannot assess if bridge work would beneficial from the photos you posted.

The cost would depend on whether you have only tip surgery or bridge and tip surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

I want a nose job to make my nose smaller and change the shape, is this possible?

+1

It is possible to improve the appearance of the nose with rhinoplasty. I would recommend consulting with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Look for credentials, a good amount of before and after photos showcasing their results, and great patient testimonials. Computer imaging software may be used to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. Cost can vary depending on the patient's location and the complexity of the surgery. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Video imaging a good way to predict rhinoplasty outcome.

+1

I think you would benefit by seeing a surgeon who offers video imaging. This allows precise definition of aesthetic problems as you perceive them. The cost of a rhinoplasty varies but in an ethnic nose it would be a bit higher since often times implants are required.

rhinoplasty for wide nose and nostrils

+1

To narrow the nose bones, osteotomies are required. Tip narrowing is accomplished with suture techniques of the lower lateral cartilages of the tip. An alar-plasty  is accomplished by removing small wedges of skin at the base of the nostrils to narrow the nostrils and base of the nose.

Asian rhinoplasty to make nose smaller and slightly change shape.

+1

Asian rhinoplasty to make nose smaller and slightly change shape can be done using septal or ear cartilage. Also the base of the nose needs to be brought in and made smaller. Choose a surgeon who does natural Asian rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the photos.  You are an excellent candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  Your Plastic Surgeon will address all your concerns at the consultation, including his fees.  The fees vary depending on the different regions in the country.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

To reduce the size of nose and change the shape.Is it possible?.

+1

Many thanks for the question and for the pictures.Yes this is very much possible.You need to work on photo animation first with your plastic surgeon to make sure what looks best on your nose and up to your liking irrespective of licking of your PS and once you confirm its possible to get it done here in Dubai for 8000 US dollars.Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Reducing the Width of a Wide Nose

+1

Thanks for the photos.  I would love to see a side shot in order to make recommendations about the profile.  However, the width of the base of your nose is the primary problem -- and yes, it definitely can be narrowed significantly.  It sounds like you don't want to change the ethnicity of you nose and I believe that's good, since it needs to fit in with the rest of your facial features (which are beautiful). Narrowing the base of the nose and reducing the flare of the nostrils is performed by taking away some of the circumference of the nose right where the nostril attached to the face. The tip will then look proportionately too wide and would then have to be narrowed somewhat as well as the upper nose.  Often just narrowing the nose in this way makes it look less flat, but if the nose still appears too flat, there are a number of ways to increase its projection.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think that all of the items you would like addressed can be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty.  This may cost $5000 on the low end.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smaller and more projected nose

+1

Hi Hatty! Yes, it is possible to change the shape of your nose .From what I can see in the photos, you would need to have the sides of the nostrils narrowed using a procedure called Wier excision or Nasal alar wedge resection. This would be part of a rhinoplasty for you. In order to help the tip of the nose have more definition, we would typically borrow some cartilage from inside the nose and put it in to support the tip and make it more prominent and more balanced. The one risk for you to be aware is when narrowing the nostrils, there can be a scar visible on the side of the nose that may or may not heal well depending on your genetic background and ability to heal. Your surgeon can explain this in more detail when you have a consultation. I hope that helps. 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon