I Want to Narrow/Refine My Nose but is my Goal Realistic? (Photos)

I took a picture of what my nose looks like and then photoshopped it to show you how I want it to look like. I like my profile but I don't like how my nose looks from the front. What I want is a narrower, more delicate, balanced and proportional nose. My nostrils are assymetric which makes my left nostril wider than the right one. Is it possible to reduce this assymetry and achieve the look I want and still look VERY natural?! Can the procedure be a closed one insted of and open one? Thank you.

Closed vs Open Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip appears that it can be done with a closed technique. The upper part of the nose can be done closed.   I can't see the outside nostril positioning well enough, but I suspect an incision inside the nose extending close to the outside might be needed. I don't think an incision across the columella will be needed.   Of course, there is no way to say what needs to be done without seeing the nose in person with a proper consultation.  Make sure you go to a Board-Certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  

Your narrow refined nose is realistic

+1

Computer simulations have become an excellent way to 'try out' results and confirm goals of rhinoplasty.

The result you show is within reach, and it is possible to perform a closed rhinoplasty. Choose your surgeon carefully, and don't forget to bring your pictures in.

peterejohnsonmd

Narrowing your nose during rhinoplasty

+1

It should be possible to get close to what you want on the photos you provided. Be careful, that the nostrils are not made too narrow or they will look disproportionate to the rest of the profile. I also think it should be achieveable to have the nose you are looking for via an endonasal or closed approach. Good luck in finding a surgeon

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic goals for nasal refinement

+1

I think you have realistic goals for nasal refinement. It would be possible to slightly narrow the midvault of your nose and also refine your nasal tip to give you more defined and feminine nasal tip shape, while maintaining a natural appearance. Looking at the basal view of your nose, your nostril asymmetry is very, very subtle. From your photos, I cannot tell whether this is secondary to deviation of your nasal tip or a real length discrepency between the ala (outer aspect of the nostrils). Asymmetry of the nostrils can be challenging to correct, however, no one every really sees you from this perspective.

With regard to choosing open versus closed, open rhinoplasty offers a precise and predictable way to reshape the nose, in particular, the nasal tip. The main concern of patients regarding open rhinoplasty is the scar across the columella. If done carefully, the location of this scar makes it very inconspicuous and generally, the transcolumellar scar heals very well. This scar is not an issue and should not deter you from having open rhinoplasty if that is what your plastic surgeon recommends.  

Jamil Ahmad, MD

Closed Rhinoplasty is desirable approach to most rhinoplasties

+1

Most Cosmetic Rhinoplasties can be done as closed operations and can be customized to each patient needs.

I have evaluated your photos and your expectations are realistic and can be achieved with closed rhinoplasty

Vasdev Rai, MD