I Want Nice Firm Breasts but I Dont Know if Lift Alone Will Give Me the Results.

Would a breast lift as well as an implant give me the results Im looking for.. i wear a 40 dd as it is with significant sagging from having children.

Breast softness after breast lift

+2

If you wear a 40 DD then I would say that first of all a breast lift alone, or small breast reduction would be recommended without any implant.  Depending on your desires for size, some of that can be titrated with the procedure. There is a variation of breast lift I perform that I term "auto autologous augmentation" that basically lifts the breast and uses the tissue that is often discarded as a "small implant" and sews this to the chest wall. This gives a nice restoration of fullness in the upper pole and lift to the breast.  You can always come back and add an implant later if you desire more projection or size.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Natural breasts are usually soft

+2

You may be able to get the breast shape that you desire with a breast lift alone if the volume that you have is adequate.  Firm breasts on the other hand is usually a term used to describe breasts that have an implant.  Focus on volume, especially in the upper pole, since its these two issues that will determine whether you will choose a breast implant with a lift or just a lift alone.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast firmness

+2

Without an examination or photo we are just speculating.  But, if you are really a droopy 40 DD, then you need a lift or a small reduction, not breast implants.  If you have a lot of volume, and really need a reduction, some insurance carries will cover that procedure.  Talk with a board certified plastic surgeon about your options.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Expectation for firm breasts which are sagging.

+1

If you are a 40DD, then I would not recommend an implant. Natural breasts are soft, not firm. A breast lift with maybe a small reduction will give you an uplifted more youthful appearing breast.

Without photos, this is about all the advice I can give you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Achieving firm, round breasts when starting large and saggy

+1

Hi there-

Because of the combination of your goals (both firm and not larger), I would be concerned that a single procedure is unlikely to "get you there". Let me explain...

While you undoubtedly need a breast lift as a component of the eventual plan, I don't think this alone will achieve your goal, because while effective at repositioning the nipple and reshaping the breast, it will not provide the firmness you desire, nor will it usually provide the fulness above the nipple many women associate with an "ideal" breast shape...

On the other hand, I think that a lift with implants will give you breasts that are too large and destined to sag prematurely and leave you dissatisfied in the long term.

Without examining you it is not possible to say for sure, but in other patients similar to yourself, the approach we successfully took to their goal was to begin by performing a breast reduction.

This was followed by placement of implants.

The combination allowed both a size and a shape the patient was pleased with.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast Lift & Firm Breasts

+1

The firmness of your breasts depends on your age how much of your breast tissue is fat vs glandular tissue. Placing implants in a person with sagging 40DD breasts is probably not a good idea as they will sag again over time. Consider a breast lift or reduction.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift VS. Breast Augmentation with a Lift for Perkiest Breast

+1

Having children does not cause breasts to sag - it is the breast engorgement seen with pregnancy which attracts more gravitational pull that caused your and billions of other women's breast to sag. The heavier the breast, the greater the gravitational pull on it.

In my opinion adding more weight (a breast implant) to a DD breast and hoping that the new heavier breasts will now be somehow immune to gravitational pull is irrationally misguided. A more logical way to "lift the fallen" is to perform a Short Scar Breast Lift (such as the Hall-Findlay Lift) which lifts breasts with a balloon scars. Look it up.

Lejour technique (lollipop scar) breast lift gives good long term shape.

+1

Hi.

1)  How the lift is done is absolutely critical to the result.  Often, the lift is done by tightening the skin.  But this is not the best approach, because skin stretches, and the breasts sag again.

2)  Instead, the Lejour technique (internal, vertical lift) shapes and lifts the breast tissue from the inside.  Much better results.

3)  I would do a small reduction at the same time.  Definitely no implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Treatment for sagging breasts

+1
If you have significant sagging, then you would need a breast lift. Since you are already a DD cup, it is possible that the appropriate operation may be a breast reduction. Without photos and an understanding of the results you are seeking in terms of size and shape, it is impossible to comment in further detail. The difficulty with using an implant in someone who is starting as a DD is that gravity will not be kind to your postoperative breasts and the sagging may recur. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Sagging breasts

+1

You absolutely need to have a long talk with a board certified plastic surgeon. Implants may not at all be appropriate in your case. Because of your current size, you will always tend to have a softer, lower positioned breast. A breast lift can give excellent results. Making the breasts firm and appearing like implants is not possible as it is in someone with an A-cup going to a C or D-cup.

Michael Hueneke, MD