I Want As Natural Looking C As Possible, Will 275-300cc Moderate Plus Memory Gel Get Me There? (photo)

I am now considering 275cc under the muscle moderate plus silicone mentor gel implants. I measures a 32A at PS office and want to be a solid C. I am 108lbs 5'3 with 11cm BWD (per my PS) My goal is natural looking! Should I consider closer to a 300, I'm concerned my BWD is too small for 300 moderate plus

Breast Augmentation - The Right Cup Size

+1

The goal for your desired size breasts is attainable.  It is difficult to say from photographs or even direct examination weather 275cc or 300cc gel implants will provide the best option. Moderate plus implants will also give your breast a "perky" look.

My patients are all examined and measured and then I discuss size with them. This is based on their final goal, anatomy of the breast and chest wall, and their overall physique. I have two to three sizes available in the operating room ( the size I feel will be appropriate and an implant above and below this size.)  Sizers are used in the operating room with the patient sitting up and the final size is then determined.

Remember it is not the cup size of the bra that is important.  It is how you look!

Good luck! Find a board certified plastic surgeon with great experience performing breast augmentation and you will have a great result.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implants for a C cup

+1

Advising you on how many cc's you'll need from your photo as well as dimensions would be great to do online, but better advice can be given in person.  If you're concerned that you'll be too large after surgery, I would recommend placing different size implants underneath your bra to get an idea of how you'll look after surgery.  Also, cup sizes vary from store to store so you can be a D cup in one store's bra and a C cup in another.  If you'd rather be too small than too large, I would advise going with an implant on the smaller end of the spectrum of sizes that you're considering.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Natural looking augmentation

+1

At size 32 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  You would require 200 cc implants to obtain a C.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.         

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Full C

+1

Lettering of cup sizes is not an exact science. It is highly subjective. In my practice, if a woman with an "A" cup comes in requesting a "solid C" I would probably offer her an implant around 375 to 400cc. Hope that helps.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

25cc difference is less than 2 tablespoons!

+1

Thanks for adding photos, especially the goal photo. Since breast base measurements are different for each measuring surgeon (there are no "sharp" beginnings and ends of breast diameters, and what you are really measuring is the anticipated pocket diameter, to give the best appearance), I'd not worry too much about your BWD being too narrow for moderate plus implants.

I might even consider moderate profile 300cc implants (12.6cm diameter) if your actual pocket dimensions allow this--the widest implant will give the best cleavage and the most natural look.

As to volume (size choice), 275cc and 300cc are indistinguishable in your body, since they are less than 2 tablespoons different! Adding 300cc should add just over 1 bra cup size to whatever size you wear now, and should come close to the goal you have chosen.

Since the most common reason for re-operation is "too small," consider 300cc to be the better choice and ask your surgeon to use the widest profile possible that "fits" your pockets without binding or folding of the implant shell. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant size ?

+1

I think you and your doctor have chosen a fine implant size! Both sizes great. Good Luck.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Implant and Cup Size

+1

As most plastic surgeons will end up telling you, there is no direct correlation between implant size and cup size, especially since cup size will vary with the bra manufacturer. The recommended BWD for a 300cc Moderate Plus Memory Gel is 12 cm. but there are other measurements which your plastic surgeon may be considering, which would make a 300cc implant a reasonable choice. Don't worry about cup size. Focus more on how you look with either computer imaging or implant sizers in a bra.

Joseph Fata, MD

You're fine with either.

+1

Although silicone implants are our best approximation of natural breast tissue, they are not natural breast tissue. What makes your breast look and feel natural is your own breast tissue over the implant. Staying with an implant with the appropriate base diameter and a moderate to moderate plus profile should keep the proportion of implant to breast tissue in a natural looking range. Sounds you're in just the right range, and you can be comfortable with your decision. A 25cc volume increase between the two implants you are considering will not make the difference between natural vs unnatural. I think you can pick the one you want. I usually have patients try on implants in the office, view their proportions in a mirror, and decide on their final volume from there. That way, you are in control of your final result. 

Robert J. Carpenter, MD
Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Will 300cc get you there

+1

Predicting breast implant size is quite difficult, and even 'experts' argue about implant shape, breast dimension and BWD. Unfortunately there is no way to measure your breast, apply a formula and come up with the right 'number' and perfect result every time. Consistent excellent results take experience and look for a surgeon prepared to deliver. You should consider only what you wish your result to be, and if the result is perfect the number is meaningless.

I want a natural looking C!

+1

Dear Flojo,

Thank you for your post.  You should really choose implants not on cc's but based on your body dimensions.  First you need to measure your breasts width.  This is your ideal width not your current width.  Currently you have a small gap in between your breasts as well as the breast crease is a little high.  This gap will be 'augmented' after the augmentation if it is not dealt with.  Choosing an implant too narrow or creating the pocket too separated will keep this gap.  Once this implant width is chosen, you then pick the profile of the implant based on desired cup size.  Since you are an 'A' and sounds like you desire a 'C', you will be looking at Moderate Plus Profile.  The following link is of a girl similar to your body with similiar goals.   Notice that the gap between her breasts was closed and the crease was lowered.  One final thought:  Choose a silicone implant.  You are very thin and although a saline implant can be made to look ok, they will feel like water balloons.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon