I Want to Get my Tip & Nostrils Reduced, but Both As a Closed Rhinoplasty? (photo)

i feel insecure about my nose I have no issues with my bone structure from the nose. however the tip area to the nostril area i dont like. i want a tip plasty & alarplasty 2 give my nose definition. As i do not want my nose changed, I just want it to be reduced in size. However i heard alarplasty is performed on the sides of the nose. is there any way it can be performed from the inside as i do not want scars to be visible. also as professionals what would you recommend i get done with my nose.

Reducing tip and nostrils

+2

Based on these close up photos your nose looks quite normal.The  nasal tip could be narrowed through an internal approach with no external scars. Your nostril width however does no need reduction as it is already the ideal width and shape.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Tip and Nostrils

+1

Your photo set is incomplete, but it does not look like you need a nostril reduction. your tip is somewhat bulbous and could bereduced by a closed technique. I would recommend that you consider a complete rhinoplasty rather than ust the tip, as it is my experience that most patients who just get a tip rhinoplasty regret it later.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Conservative Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Kadesha,

Based on your photos without assessing your remaining facial features, it seems like you could benefit from a delicately conservative rhinoplasty addressing your nostrils and your nasal tip making them less flared and projected respectively.

However, without a physical consultation it is hard to recommend a given procedure although the closed approach may be the way to go.

I encourage you to consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

The best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your photos.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Reduction of Tip and Nostrils

+1

Your tip can be refined and the flair of your nostrils reduced with a limited rhinoplasty. If you don't want to change the rest of your nose share your goals with an experienced surgeon who will explain the pros and cons of that decision after a thorough consultation. Scarring after alar base reduction are rarely a problem - it will depend on the placement of those incisions.

I Want to Get my Tip & Nostrils Reduced, but Both As a Closed Rhinoplasty?

+1

You can have a closed Rhinoplasty along with internal weir incisions (to reduce nostril flare) to thin the nose as you have requested.  IMHO (and I do plenty of open Rhinoplasty) you do not require an open Rhinoplasty for this type of nasal refinement.  In fact an open Rhinoplasty rotates the nasal tip 5-7 degrees which IMHO would make your nose appear over-roatetd and shortened.