I Want my Implants Removed They Hurt Alot but I Don't Have the Money to Pay and Financing is Not an Option...Any Advice?

I had my implants with a breast lift done about 5 years ago. For the past year i have been wanting them removed because they are way to large for my body. 36F probably even and i weigh 150 im 5'4. They did a lift but i don't think it was done right becuase my breast were very saggy from the beginning and one of the implants didnt even drop so its still real high under the muscle. The doctor wouldnt correct it so i left it like that. Everyday they hurt alot with a burning sensation.

Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

You will find that generally speaking removal of breast implants is relatively inexpensive. Exactly what costs are will depend on  specific factors such as whether the procedure can be done under local  anesthesia or whether  general anesthesia is necessary.  Also, given that you describe your breasts as “sagging”,  breast lifting may be beneficial once the breast implants are removed.
You will probably be best served by contacting board-certified plastic surgeons in your area,  seeking consultation, and finding out what the best option for you is.  Although your concerns about costs are understandable, be careful about making costly primary deciding factor on choosing a plastic surgeon...

Implant Removal on a budget

+1

Simple Explantation or implant removal without capsulectomy can be performed in many cases under local anesthesia alone or with Twilight anesthesia especially for calm patients without significant medical problems.  Not all explants need drains. Many Plastic Surgeons use either an Office OR, free standing outpatient surgical suite which is cheaper than a hospital OR
Simple Explantation or implant removal without capsulectomy can be performed in many cases under local anesthesia alone or with Twilight anesthesia especially for calm patients without significant medical problems.. Many Plastic Surgeons use either an Office OR, free standing outpatient surgical suite which is less expensive than using a hospital OR. Also if the anesthesiologist is not involved this also saves you some money.
Make sure you check with your implant company to see if they are under the warranty period for rupture. If so this may save you substantial monies
If the cost is the only reason your are considering waiting to have this surgery done, then I recommend that you consider contacting a teaching  program at one of the major University Plastic Surgical Residency clinics. The surgeries are most often performed with University Faculty supervision at low cost to the patient

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Removal of implants

+1

Removal of implants I can sometimes do under a purely local anesthetic in my certified operating room which really decreases the costs for the patient.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I want my implants removed

+1

Having a cosmetic procedure such as breast implants creates a situation where you might need future surgeries that are unplanned - and they often need to be paid for out of pocket.  If you are having symptoms, I recommend you consult with your surgeon or another board-certified plastic surgeon to see if there is a problem that needs to be evaluated and if there is a possibility for insurance coverage.   

Michelle Spring, MD