I want my gap gone: What's better, bonding or veneers or maybe lumineers? (Photos)

Not interested in Invisalign or braces. Thank you I'm too old for that.

Gap gone

+1
Well seeing the shape and angulation of your teeth, braces could be best option. You are never too late for these. Possibly, aligning your teeth and just a little reshaping could make your smile great. 

Leeds Cosmetic Dentist

Options to Close a GAP

+1
It looks like you need a consultation with a dentist who specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry.  I would strongly recommend you have a  'trial smile' done, which will give you an idea of  how you would look by closing the space.

You go to the dental office for a consultation and have models made.  The models are sent to the lab and waxed to ideal with the space closed. A special  try-in tray is made.  You return to the office and the doctor will try in the mock up so you can see what closing the space would look like.

Then you decide with the dentist what material they recommend.  "Bonding" plastic can be a first step-It runs around $850. per tooth but it won't last forever.  That said, some of my 'bondings' have lasted over 20 years.  They can stain and can chip and wear.

You also need to decide if you want to whiten and lighten your teeth to begin.  That begins a discussion on bleaching.

Veneers are wonderful and more permanent but more expensive-Between 1500-1800 plus.  You may need 4 veneers to evenly distribute the space but that's what the 'trial smile' helps decide.

Much success and fun!! Do your research.

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

I want my gap gone: What's better, bonding or veneers or maybe lumineers?

+1
The way your front two teeth flare, bonding would make the shape of your front two teeth very wide and extremely unnatural looking.  However, doing FOUR porcelain veneers could achieve the results that would most likely make you very pleased.
Lumineers are just an old type of porcelain that is made very thin, and in a few cases can be made without any tooth preparation.  In your case that would make your teeth look too thick.  Thus, in order to get a natural result and the teeth not being too thick or wide, some tooth preparation is in order.
There are other types of porcelain veneers that are stronger than lumineers, and can still be made very thin (meaning, much less tooth preparation).  My favorite is the EMax porcelain!  Very strong (which usually means longer lasting), and very natural looking.  And in the hands of a great cosmetic dentist and super ceramist, could give you an amazing smile with no more gaps!

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding, Lumineers, or Veneers

+1
I would recommend veneers in your case and here is why:

Bonding is the least expensive, but also the most temporary.  When applied, it will match your tooth color, but stain a lot faster than your normal teeth, meaning that you'll need to get them redone several times over the next several years.

Lumineers will look great but lack the durability when used for closing gaps or spaces.  Lumineers are great for discolored teeth that are otherwise normal.  They are about as expensive as veneers, but don't typically last as long as veneers, without fracturing or just falling off.

Porcelain Veneers will look the best and last the longest (expect 20-30 years) if you are taking care of your teeth properly.  They are just as expensive as Lumineers, but much more durable and cosmetically appealing.  They require you to loose a little tooth structure, but they replace that lost tooth structure with a stronger more cosmetic structure.  

Cosmetic dentistry is what I do, so "Follow" me if you have more questions about it.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist