I Want to Get my Eyes Done?

i wont go through with it if i have to be put to sleep or given drugs, can it be done with a local and how do i go about finding the right Surgeon to do this who would have exp. at doing it this way thanks for your help

I Want to Get my Eyes Done?

+1

Local anesthesia can be used to perform eyelid surgery with a cooperative and motivated patient.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I Want to Get my Eyes Done?

+1

Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) can be done using a local infiltration only.  The reality, of that situation, is that doing upper eyelid surgery in this manner is much easier on the patient than doing a transconjunctival lower Blepharoplasty where the incision is placed on the inside of the lower eyelid.  Find experienced plastic an cosmetic surgeons and have a few consultations to discuss your options.

Eyelid surgery and choice of anesthesia

+1

The only  reason to use anesthesia for eyelid surgery is to provide greater comfort. This along with many other aesthetic surgeries of the face can be done under local anesthesia. However, patient and physician preference is the deciding factor. Typically the lower lid procedure may be more painful and usually requires at least conscious sedation. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery done under local anesthesia

+1

With eyelid surgery the choice of anesthesia is the patient's choice. In the same token the surgeon has to be comfortable to be able to perform the procedure to the best of his ability .

"Straight" local anesthesia  requires a little more patience and time by the surgeon.

Discussing this with your surgeon of choice cannot be replaced by  our opinion given in this forum. In a conversation you and your surgeon can choose the best type of anesthesia for you.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

I want to get my eyes done

+1

With Local Anaesthesia you can have your Upper Eyelids done. If it is SKIN ONLY UPPER BLEPH there is usually no problem. If you have to go in deeper to treat the fat or tighten the droopy eyelid then it gets trickier. Lower eyelids are a bit hard with LOCAL ONLY

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and anesthesia

+1

In some cases a blepharoplasty can be done under straight local but only if skin or skin muscle is removed. If fat has to be removed in my opinion it will be too uncomfortable.

Blepharoplasty under local anesthesia

+1

Blepharoplasty is readily performed under local anesthesia with or without oral sedation.  This is generally up to the individual patient to decide.  

Blepharoplasty Surgery Under Local Anesthesia

+1

Upper blepharoplasty surgery can be done in most patients under local anesthesia if they desire. Since such surgery is done from above the field of the patient's vision, there is little problem if the patient moves their eyelids. It is a bit trickier, however, to do lower eyelids under local anesthesia but it can be done as well. Since it is hard for a patient to not 'look' at what is happening during surgery, motion of the lower eyelid can be harder for the patient to control. But in the properly motivated patient, it can be successfully done.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Eyelid surgery under local anesthesia

+1

Most eyelid surgeries can be done under local anesthesia.  It is very safe and effective with no post-procedure drug effects.  See an oculoplastic surgeon, although not all surgeons do procedures under local anesthesia. I routinely perform eyelid surgeries under local anesthesia, either in the office or in surgery centers.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery Under Local Anesthesia

+1

Blepharoplasty surgery can be done in many cases under local anesthesia in an office setting.  Some patients need a little extra, so it is also possible to do the surgery in an outpatient setting under local standby.  Anesthesia and your surgeon will make this determination based on your medical history.  Your health and well being is of the utmost importance to us.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD