I Want my Breast Inmplants Deflated. Can I Do That Instead of Removal? Costs?

I had my implants done on 7/24/12 (Saline) and I hate them, and I want them deflated, they make me feel so fat and trapped, they are too big, The Surgery whom did them states I should wait but I am sure that I don’t like them so, I want to know if they could be deflated instead of being removed. I want this ASAP, If so what is the cost for this deflation? Can this be done by a needle in your office?

Deflating saline implants

+1

Deflating the implants by popping them with a needle is an option, but I recommend removal of the implants which is a short procedure and can be done under local anesthesia.  You might want to talk to your original surgeon who might do this at a reduced cost.

Deflate Breast Implants Soon after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.
You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small.
I routinely ask my patients  to wait at least 3-6 months before   evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time allows patients to (uaually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  
There are both physiological and “psychological” reasons to wait on having  revisionary surgery. From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling,  tissue contraction,  skin redraping,  implant shifting etc. come into play.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period"  during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about.  Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
Obviously, it is best for patients not to be making important decisions ( for example about the results of surgery and/or the need for additional surgery) while they are experiencing these emotional “ups and downs”.
In your case, I would suggest continued patience. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

If the long-term, if you decide that you do not wish to have your implants in place, then removal of the breast implants can be easily performed. Although complete deflation of the breast implants is an option, it will commit you to another operation to have them removed.

Should you remove them?

+1

I have had an experience that a patient wanted the implants removed within the first 2 weeks after surgery. I suggested that she wait to allow the settling process to occur; but she instead had another surgeon honor her request- and he removed them.

She returned to me for a request for a second augmentation within 6 months. It would be wise to allow your tissues and your feelings to settle for a while before you make your final decision.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants too big?

+1

Yes, needle deflation can be done and it can be done in the office.  This is an extremely rare situation where someone wants larger breasts bad enough to have surgery and then afterwards decides they do not like them.   Didn't your surgeon go over size options with you? Are your implants larger than you requested?  If so, then I would recommend exchanging them to a smaller size.  If they are the size that you chose, then I would agree with your surgeon that the best thing to do is to allow more time for you to get used them.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD