I Want my Breast to Go from a DDD to an A Cup. Is This Feasible?

I don't care about losing sensation, or being able to breastfeed. As long as they are small and aren't to terrible looking

Avoid disproportionate breasts

+1

The traditional technique to reduce the breasts from a DDD to an A required either vertical scars or nipple grafting.  Both of these result in unattractive breasts.  The incisions in size A will be highly visible and cannot be hidden by the shadow of the breast since it is too small.  Many women believe that reducing breast weight by large amounts is the only way to relieve their symptoms.  However, there is another technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique transfers the weight of the breast to the underlying pectoralis major muscle.  This results in immediate relief of pain, maintains nipple sensation, the ability to breast feed and allows the patient to choose the size appropriate for their body.  You would be very dissatisfied with a size A breast since the scars would be highly visible and breasts disproportionately small.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

DDD to an A ?

+1

It sounds to me like you are really, really tired of your overly large breasts! 

A really major reduction like a DDD to an A is technically possible but it might not be the best way to go. 

A certain amount of breast substance is needed as a bridge (a.k.a. pedicle) for blood vessels and nerves for the nipple and sometimes the pedicle alone would spill over the sides of an A cup. 

A procedure called a "free nipple graft" reduction would not have the limitation of the above pedicle procedure but would leave you with numb and maybe funny looking nipples and have a high risk of leaving your breasts looking like a couple of eggs over easy. Not recommended.

I regard breast reduction as an operation where I find the perky, smaller and shaplier breast in the large, saggy breast.   And as with breast enlargement, I think it is important for the patient and the surgeon to look at the whole patient - hips, waist, shoulders - to get a result that provides harmony. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast reduction

+1

I would agree that the best operation to achieve very small breasts from very large breasts is an amputation type reduction and free nipple grafts. I have not gone smaller then a B cup in my practice.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

It would be nice to see photos to give you the best advice.  Avoid the temptation to go too small.  It is easy to over reduce breasts when performing a breast reduction. You should aim for a C cup, otherwise, they just don't look good.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

A cups after reductions

+1

are very difficult to achieve and 'look good'.  Examined your motivations for your reduction and if simply to alleviate symptoms, a B or even small C cup will work wonders for you.  If TG, then let your surgeon know so your surgeon can works towards a near mastectomy rather than a reduction.

Curtis Wong, MD

Free Nipple Grafting Breast Reduction for Dramatic Size Reduction

+1

Such a drastic breast reduction result is achieveble but it would have to be done by a free nipple grafting technique. Since you do not care about nipple sensation or being able to breastfeed, this would be a good technique to make for an A cup.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast reduction can reduce the breast to any size.

+1

There is really no limit to what size can be achieved with breast reduction. The technique may need to be altered but any endpoint is achievable.

Wanting to reduce the breasts from a DDD to an A

+1

Using standard plastic surgical techniques it is probably not possible to reduce your breasts from a DDD to an A.  A good sized B or small C may be possible but it really depends upon multiple factors including your age, health and anatomy.  Consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to help you explore your options.  

DDD to A cup breast surgery

+1

If you want to get down to an "A", you are looking more at a mastectomy to accomplish your goal. I do not recommend that to patients. If I have a patient with DDD presumably they have long large breasts and doing a reduction realistically may be able to reduce them to a large "C" or "D" cup but leaving them with a nice shape.

+1

It is definitely feasible, whether it is wise and whether it will leave you with an acceptable mound and contour which would be aesthetically pleasing is a different matter.  Plastic surgeons can remove basically all of your breast tissue and leave you with flat male breasts if you so desire.  It is very unlikely that any plastic surgeon would agree to do this.  Furthermore, it seems you are so frustrated with the size of your breasts that you want to get rid of them altogether.  But chances are if you do have such a drastic breast reduction you will regret it and you will go around trying to find a plastic surgeon who will now perform an enlargement.  Therefore I would caution you to be careful.  It is safer to leave room for further reduction if that becomes necessary, rather than to subject yourself to possible implants, even though a secondary reduction is more difficult.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS