Want my Recent Breast Augmentation Re-done?

I only went for 250cc silicone subgrandular but feel now after abour 6 weeks I could of went bigger.The swelling has gone down and settled.My only concern is the cost.I have the memory gel.How does the surgeons fee work if you are not happy and express you unhappiness in a resonable amount of time.Any experience with this in Knoxville Tennessee?

Breast implant size increase

+1

Increasing the size of your new breasts is relatively straightforward. Most women will tend towards bigger if asked 1 year after surgery.  Talk to your plastic surgeon and discuss the details of costs. 

Surgery fees

+1

The office policy is discussed in advance of surgery. Future surgery fees is dependent on numerous factors. You should talk to the office regarding this.

Anticipated breast size needs to be worked out before surgery.

+1

It is unusual for a patient to be surprised by the breast size after surgery if proper attention was given to selecting the size of the implant.  If I feel that the error was mine, I do not charge patients for a revision.  If responsibility is mutual, I don't charge a professional fee and can usually get the patient new implants for free.  They would be expected to pay the reduced facility and anesthesia fee.

+1

Each office will have its own policy regarding fees. Some will charge  a professional fee, often reduced. Almost all will charge the costs of the service, including implants, anesthesia and operating room. 

You may find that you already have a copy of the revision policy in your pre-op packet. Otherwise, set up an appointment to discuss fees, and of course to help choose a size that will work for you. Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Unhappy after Breast Augmentation; How are Finances Handled?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast surgery. As you can see, from the posted responses, every practice will vary in regards to fees associated with revisionary surgery.

I think your best bet is to express your “unhappiness” in a calm  and constructive fashion,  keeping in mind that your plastic surgeon is probably very motivated to end up with a happy patient.

Breast Augmentation revision policy

+1

This is a difficult position for both you and your surgeon.  As a plastic surgeon we work for our patients and we what them to have a smile on their face after surgery and for them to be happy with their experience and outcome.  The real problem is one of communication, tell me what I am thinking.  It is the patient's job to make sure they are communicating their desires to the plastic surgeon.  Typically we use photo books and trial implants.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  Since we have been using this imaging system no patient has been dissatisfied about their choice of implant.   In your situation, you should discuss your degree of dissatisfaction with your plastic surgeon and come up with a plan that works for both parties.  Unfortunately there are cost involved including the cost of the implants, anesthesia and supplies. 

+1

Your surgeon should have given you a written policy statement that will cover this question. Please review that. Many surgeons will do the surgery without a fee but you would still be responsible for new implants, the surgery center costs and an anesthesiologist.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision policy after breast augmentation

+1

Every surgeon has a different revision policy.  In your situation, you received a breast augmentation and now want to be bigger.  You should speak to your surgeon and check his or her specific revision policy. It is possible that they may waive the surgeon fee for the procedure but you will likely be responsible for other costs such as anesthesia, operating room, and new implants. These fees may be $2,000-3,000

Matthew Schulman, MD

Choosing the right size implants

+1

Thanks for your question -

Choosing the right size implant is a complicated decision.  Unlike some of the other physician comments we take a different approach in our San Francisco area practice.  Blaming a patient for the wrong size implant "choice" is a difficult position to put a patient in.  

The first thing, of course, is to try to get the right size implant.  We try to really get a sense of what a patient is looking for.  Typically saying "I want a full C" isn't good enough.  We ask our patients to bring in photos of breasts they like, we have visualization systems and sizers patients can try on.  All of this in an effort to decide the right size.

In your situation the best thing to do is talk to your plastic surgeon and see what the policy is.  Many plastic surgeons will waive the physician fees in these cases but you may still be responsible for the OR and anesthesia fees.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Revision Breast Augmentation

+1

• In our practice we do several sittings with the patient and discuss all aspects of her expectations specially the size.I do it by placing breast implant sizer under the unpadded bra and patients along with her friend tries different sizes in front of mirror until they are happy with the size.With this as guideline one can reach very close to the expectations whether under or over the muscle.
  • Some patients do Similar exercise at home using water filled surgical or kitchen thin latex or rubber glove and try to fill different volumes and check for your own self as to when it looks perfect to your eyes.This will be additional volume on top of 250 cc that you already have to be replaced in future by the same surgeon if you go to him.
  • I have no idea who is Knoxille Tennessee

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon