I want to take out my areolar lift stitching? (photos)

So a year ago I had a breast augmentation with a areolar lift 390cc under muscle saline...for a while I kept having pain in right areola it comes and goes and recently my areolar started looking funny I can actually see the stitch left inside I want to remove it can I will my boob sag what can I do I want fuller breast as well?

See your surgeon for removal of permanent stitch after mastopexy

+1
As others have stated you do have what appears to be a permanent stitch which was placed to prevent your areola from spreading.

I strongly urge you to see your plastic surgeon who can remove his stitch appropriately with local anesthesia and sterile technique.  At that visit you can also discuss the possibility of larger implants.

I want to take out my areolar lift stitching?

+1
    If the stitch is superficial, it should be removed.   If you want a fuller breast, it would be best to be examined for possible solutions.

Want to take out my areolar lift stitching?

+1
Most likely there will be no consequence but only in person opinions and examination would allow a definitive opinion. 

I want to take out my areolar lift stitching - will my breasts sag?

+1
Thank you very much for your enquiry. It does look as if you have a permanent stitch around your areola.
This stitch is often used to limit the tendency for the areola to stretch as it acts like a permanent purse string around the areola.
The stitch used looks slightly green in colour and certainly it can be removed under local anaesthetic.
The advantage of removing the stitch is that the green colour will be removed but the disadvantage is that sometimes the areola can stretch once the stitch used to limit widening of the areola is removed.
I think it would be worthwhile discussing the pros and cons of this procedure with your surgeon and we do wish you the best of luck whichever path you proceed with.
With best wishes.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar stitch

+1
With the kind of lift you had, you most likely have a permanent purse-string stitch around the areolar border. This is simple enough to remove if you can see it under the skin or if it bothers you, but your areola may widen after its removal. 

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Remove areolar stitch?

+1
It is likely that you have a permanent purse-string suture around your areola.  This is helping keep the areola skin from spreading, but if you can see it under the skin it is a good idea to visit your surgeon and discuss options.  He or she may remove it completely, or remove and replace it.   Good luck!

Michelle Spring, MD

Periareolar stitch

+1
The periareolar stitch is placed to help prevent dilation of your areola as the breast heals.  I like to use a permanent material and take them out at least six months later.  Occasionally if they aren't noticeable, I'll leave them in.  Removing the stitch is a simple office procedure.  You may have some mild dilation of the areola, but at this point it shouldn't be much.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Advise removing the stitch but areolar will enlarge.

+1
Many thanks for your interesting question. Often surgeons will use a permanent stitch under the areola to keep it from enlarging. It can likely be removed in the clinic. My advice is to see your original surgeon for advice. They know exactly where the knot is and the suture type. Removal will likely result in a larger areola. Best of luck. 

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon