I Want More of a Lift to my Nasal Tip...Revision Rhino With No Change?

Hi! About a week ago, I underwent a revision rhinoplasty to file down some cartilage that had developed on the bridge of my nose after my inital surgery. Also, I asked that the tip be slightly lifted to give more of a shorter appearance. Immediately after surgery my nose looked exactly how wanted it to look. However, a couple of days later the tip seems to have gone back down to it's original position. Is it possible that the swelling on my tip is causing it to pull down rather than lift?

Wanting more nasal tip lift

+1

It's too early to assess your result at this stage. Your nose wll undergo continued changes as it heals so give it time. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon as that's who can give you a better idea of how the nose would be expected to evolve further with time.

Nasal tip appears lower a few days after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Following a rhinoplasty surgery, the tip will be turned up and will gradually return to a normal position.  The upturn can be due to the surgeon "releasing" soft tissues, and gravity will pull the tip back down in the weeks following your procedure.  If anything, the swelling will keep the tip turned up.  The degree to which your nasal tip is lifted can be due to the following things:

1) Technique used by your surgeon
2) Method used to raise the nasal tip (cartilage or sutures)
3) The way you heal

At one week post-op, it is way too soon to tell how the final result will appear.  I would wait a few months to see how your healing progresses, and address the position of your nasal tip at that time.  In the meantime, I would recommend expressing any concerns to your surgeon.  Thanks, and good luck with your recovery!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shifting after revision

+1

The nasal shape will shift after surgery p and down. Depending on which day you look at it it can please you or horrify you. Relax and wait for the final result.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Nasal Tip Position after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Don't judge your result 1 week after surgery. Tip selling can mask tip width and position right after surgery.

+1

You're jumping the gun here a little bit by looking at the Revision Rhinoplasty results at just 1 week.  Wait several months and speak with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon before seeking further Rhinoplasty Surgery.