I Want to Lower my Eyebrow to Achieve a More Masculine Effect Ex. Like in the Squinting Photo? (photo)

I want to lower my eyebrow to achieve a more masculine effect ex. like in the squinting photo Please help! I know it won't look like I'm squinting but i know that mens brows should be lower then mine currently is.

Lower

+1

Eyebrow shaping can be accomplished chemically or surgically.  However, it is very important to fully discuss your social issues with your family and local authorities (as needed).

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Want to Lower my Eyebrow to Achieve a More Masculine Effect Ex. Like in the Squinting Photo?

+1

I agree with most of my colleagues that a cosmetic treatment such as Botox or procedure can be done but that it probably shouldn't be done. Based on the aesthetic ideals, your brow is slightly more arched than the male ideal (BTW, so are mine). Ideals are standards based on many peoples faces. What makes us unique are our own particular features. Your brows are your brows and while you may be fixating on them now, they are perfectly normal. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/browlift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Achieve a Masculine Brow

+1

The first thing to know is the ideal position and shape of a male brow.  By these standards, your brow is slightly feminine.  This is based upon the high position and arch of the relaxed brow.  Your best bet is to try a bit of Botox in the forehead, which will lower the position and can be used to shape the brow.  There is little long term risk.  

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

You do not need surgery

+1

Dear Hairbear323

The first thing that I noticed is that you seem to have taken this photo in a lying down position. THat tends to exaggerate the high position of your eyebrows. I'm sure with you standing up, it is less exaggerated.

Secondly, your brow position is proper for your face and as mentioned by other experts here, they will tend to drop as you age.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Agree that your brow is very likely to get heavier as you get older.

+1

One important issue to focus on here is how significant is this concern.  Are you being teased or bullied because of your appearance.  It is important to discuss with your parents.  If you are spending more than an hour a day thinking about this issue, or are avoiding social situations because of concerns of your appearance, there is sometimes value in speaking to a counselor about these feelings.  For now, I agree with Dr. Ovchinsky, no cosmetic intervention is warranted at this time.

Lowering brows

+1

The safest and most conservative approach to lowering your brows would be to try Botox injection; however, I believe you are too young to do anything permanently to change the position or shape of your brows.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Change in brow position

+1

Your brows actually look very natural and I would not recommend changing anything about them.  As you get older you will see that brows will drop somewhat naturally. Plus you seem quite young for any cosmetic procedure anyway.