I Want to Get Liposuction on the Outside of my Thighs to Correct Lumps From Lipo 15 Years Ago?

I want to get liposuction on the outside of my thighs because 15 years ago I had a lipo and I am left with bumps and holes, it looks awful if smarlipo can not fix or maybe cellulaze, I'm also concerned that there is medicine that you place, if not into a vein or subcutaneous epinephrine is called increasing the heartbeat, I would like to know how many beats per minute can go and how long the effects last, I have mitral valve prolapse, there will be the alternative of not using epinephrine

A board certified plastic surgeon

+1

will be able to decide which types of modalities or combinations of modalities are best (ie traditional lipo, smartlipo, ultrasound etc) and as my colleagues said, plan to lower the hills and fill the valleys.  As far as your mitral valve prolapse, doing liposuction without epinephrine in the numbing fluid (tumescein) would cause significant bleeding and bruising. Your plastic surgeon will have significant background in cardiac care and can discuss the best course with your cardiologist.  Good luck and remember, you may need more than one session to fix the issue.

Bumps post lipo

+1

Souinds as if you have dimpling etc.One choice would be to do soem judicious fat grafting to the dep[ressed areas and use a small cannula to bring down any areas that are bulging.This is tough but doable.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Correct lumps and holes

+1

Dr below is correct.... best is to resuction hills and fill valleys....

Find a doc with experience.

Do role for laser or ultrasound

Best

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and contour irregularities

+1

Irregularities from previous liposuction can be addressed with liposuctioning of areas that were under treated and sometimes fat injection to areas that were over treated.

Post-liposuction defects

+1

Liposuction defects are just as common as the procedure itself. most of my liposuction patients have had liposuction done before and are not satisfied with the results or hav defects that require correction. over the last few yrs of doingmainly liposuction defect correction I have cometorealize that its safer to NOT use SmartLipo or Ultrasound for these defects. my fav technique is to do liposuction under tumescent anesthesia and use smallersized cannulas and perhaps use some of the suctioned fat for grafting. it can take more than 1 procedure to see the results.not sure where u are located but if youre near NYC Id be happy to see you for a consultation

Misbah Khan, MD