I Want A Lip Lift But My Nose Is In The Way, What To Do?

I want to get a lip lift to show more teeth and move my mouth a bit higher up the face but my nose takes up too much space vertically and makes it impossible to achieve noticeable results, what can I do? Rhinoplasty first? Thanks.

Lip Lift

+1

Depending on what techniques will be used to improve your nose the lip lift with an incision under the base of your nose and the rhinoplasty can be done at the same time.

Rhinoplasty vs. Lip Lift

+1

You will have to post front and side view photos to see how your nose affects your upper lip.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty before lip lift

+1

It is quite hard to offer advice without photos, but a lip lift is an operation which seldom gives good results, and may expose you to the risk of a hyperthrophic scar. If you could post some photos, I’d be able to give you my opinion on the relationship between your nose and lip.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

+1

It's hard to advise you without a picture, but if you have a long nose overhanging your upper lip, you might well be better to consider a rhinoplasty first or at the same time.

In terms of whether a lip lift can increase tooth show ("moving the mouth up the face" is how you are referring to that I think), then it can.  It doesn't physically lift the mouth up to sit higher on your face, but it does appear higher because you see more of your teeth.

A photo (need to see front and three quarter views, and you can blank out from the bottom of the eyeball upward for anonymity) will allow much more specific advice.

All the best

Howard Webster

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+1

Lip lift does not move the position of your mouth on your face.You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)for full facial analysis. Then discuss what you need and what is possible and what is not

Rhinoplasty versus lip lift

+1

It's probably best to perform a  rhinoplasty first, and then reevaluate if  you need a lip lift later on. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website to give yourself a rhinoplasty and lip lift to see what your anticipated results might look like