I Want to Get a Labiaplasty Done Because of Discomfort. How Do I Get This Covered?

I've been thinking about this procedure since I was about 13 years old and it causes me discomfort and really takes a toll on me with enjoying life. How do I go about this procedure with it being covered?

Insured labioplasty

You have significant health concerns due to your discomfort.  This should be a covered procedure.  Contact a plastic surgeon that would do this under insurance.  Medical notes from your PCP and a gynecologist documenting your symptoms will support your case.  

Is Labiaplasty Covered by Insurance?

Unfortunately, labiaplasty is not covered by any insurance company. While it may be expensive, this procedure will improve your self-esteem, level of discomfort, and overall quality of life. If this is something that you feel that you need, be sure to make use of a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in labiaplasty.

Jaime Perez, MD
Labiaplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD