I want to get juvederm in my upper lip, how much would you suggest? (photo)

How much juvederm should i get my upper lip. And any suggestions?

No Juvederm is best for you

+1
Your lips are fine and the proportions are fine. You need NO JUVEDERM in your upper lip.   This is a pretty simple answer.  A great set of photos lateral and 3/4 R and Left may change my mind but I doubt it.  You are beautiful as is!  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to upper lip only

+1
Often when people only put filler in the top lip, this leads to the dreaded duck lip. You have very nice full lips. I don't even know that I would recommend you get filler. The natural shape of the lip has to be followed when lip injections are done so they look full, but natural.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Never over-inject lips

+1
Since you already have very nice full lips, I do not recommend you get more than 1/4 to 1/2 syringe in hte upper lip.  Also, I rarely ever recommend injecting just the upper lips because it will usually look fake and too big.  You have to balance out your lips by injecting the other 1/2 in the lower lips.  My favorite product for lip enhancement is the Juvederm Ulra XC.

Daniel Yamini, MD

Filler for Lips

+1
In the natural anatomy of the lips, the lower lip is slightly larger than the upper lip. You should keep this in mind when deciding how much filler to get. Lip enhancement with fillers requires a lot of experience as it is easy to overfill and end up with the "sausage lips" look. I usually never use more than half a syringe for the upper lip during the initial injection. If you require more then it can be done at a follow-up appointment. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Juvederm in lips

+1
Your lips are already very full. If you were my patient, I would not recommend adding any more volume in this area.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

How much filler?

+1
This is hard to answer. It depends on how much larger you want your upper lip to be and what your budget is. The best bet is to meet with an experienced injector and explain what you are trying to achieve. You might want bring some photos of lips that you find appealing as a visual guide.

Lee E. Corbett, MD