Want to Know if I Am a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty? How Many People Wish They Had just Kept the Nose They Were Born?

---> what rhinoplasty can do for my nose?? I am leaning towards a well known doctor here, who is still affordable but still looking for other options. I was quoted 5,000 approx. He said he can file the bridge(bump on the nose) and narrow the tip. He has done previous work on me, where my body managed to give me a raised scar. I want to know what could be done in terms of a rhinoplasty to correct my nose and it still look like my nose. And also, how does a nose job change over time, with aging?

Good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1

The rhinoplasty operation involves cosmetically reshaping the nose to create changes of refinement such as filing a bump nose, narrowing the nasal bridge through osteotomies.  The tip can be addressed through multiple different approaches with a combination of either a small amount of tip cartilage being removed and/or suturing the 2 tip cartilages together to narrow and refine the tip.  Thick skin will limit the degree of change rhinoplasty can achieve and the patient will most likely need close follow up with cortisone shots in the tip area over the first few months after the procedure.  It is important to find a surgeon who has a real focus on rhinoplasty to deal with the many different nuances of the procedure and individual anatomy.

AQm I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Your nose can be reduced and refined so it is in proportion to your surrounding facial features. With or without surgery your nose will continue to age just like all parts of your body as you get older. Make sure that your surgeon is a specialist in rhinoplasty surgery so you do have a natural result.

Want to Know if I Am a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Your nose requires a special surgical skill to obtain a natural and rewarding outcome. Your surgery should be best carried out by an experienced nasal surgeon and if your doctor comes under such category, you will likely be pleased with your decision of having undergone the treatment.

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Aesthetically, honestly your nose could be a bit smaller and refined with Rhinoplasty.  However, this alone means nothing and you have to want the surgery and change.   Rhinoplasty, IMHO, should always be performed following the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.   If that's done...how many people wish they hadn't had the Rhinoplasty?  I'm guessing none or not many.  If the proper aesthetics are not understood or foillowed, then many more seems a reasonable answer.

The last part of your question seems to indicate that you are not currently convinced that you want a Rhinoplasty.  You should pay for a few consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons that understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty to see if this is something that you are interested in having.