I want to be a full C. Im getting silicone under the muscle. What CC would be best to achieve the desired size?

I am currently a big A - small B and want to be a full C. Im getting silicone under the muscle. What CC would be best to achieve the desired size? I'm told 200 cc is a cup size. Does that mean I need 400 cc to achieve?

Implant volume and cup size

+2
If you are an A and want to be a C that is 2 cup size increase. At size 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. At size 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the amount required to achieve the full C. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

What implant size should I chose is a very commonly asked question and of course very important. In general, size is best be determined during an in person consultation. The factors included in this determination can be chest size, amount of breast tissue initially present, skin elasticity, and of course, a patient’s expectations.

I will say that in general, one year post op, when women are asked if they like their size, do they wish they went larger or smaller, more than 50% of women will wish they went bigger. Just keep this in mind.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Bra cup sizes are not uniform

+1

I, like other surgeons, explain to patients that there is no uniform bra size. They can differ greatly from various bra companies. A 400 cc implant may achieve a C cup size in one brand of bra but may be a D or DD in another. The best way to choose your implant size is to try on sizers during your consultation appointment; this is what we do with all of our breast augmentation consultation appointments. In addition, measurements are taken so that the best implant for your body can be chosen for you; implants come in different sizes, textures, and shapes, and there is no one implant that is appropriate for every patient.

Mark E. Mason, MD

BBA

+1

It is impossible to answer this question without a picture and measurements. Also, there is no way to guarantee a certain cup size. Bra sizing varies greatly and a B in one brand could easily be a C in another.

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to consult, and during sizing you can pick the implant that gives you the volume you desire.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1

I think that the easiest way to determine this is to try on sizers in the office. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Many patients have anxiety over choosing breast implant size

+1

Taking this into consideration, there are many ways to decide which size and profile implants are right for you. Depending on your frame, 150-200 cc is a cupbsize. The best way is determining your measurements during consultation and trying on different sizers. My preferred method is to follow that with the Vectra 3d imaging system, which allows you to see your results, in your body, with different implants at every angle.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

What cc volume is a full c breast aug?

+1

Thanks so much for your question. It's difficult to say without seeing you in person or at the very least seeing a photo. Part of the equation is making sure that you are on the same page as your surgeon when it comes to defining what a "full C" really means. In other words at times your definition of a particular size might be different from your surgeons. We always use a sizing system to have patient try implants on prior to surgery. They can then wear various tops and make sure they are comfortable with the size prior to surgery. Hope this helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.