I Want to Fix my Teeth..What Would You Suggest? Invisalign? (photo)

I'm a male, almost 18 years old. I've never had a cavity and was never told I needed braces. Just from hearing that, you'd think my teeth were perfect..but no. Take a look at the photo (5 photos of my teeth in 1 big photo) I provided. Those are my teeth and I'm not happy with them at all. I feel like my dentist should've given me braces or Invisalign but that has never even came up in discussion.. What would you suggest I have done to improve the looks of my teeth?

Suggestions to Fix Your Teeth

+2

Thank you for the photos. First of all, you have to be more specific about what it is exactly that you don't like. Secondly, you should discuss those things thoroughly with a very well-trained and experienced cosmetic dentist. You do have options. If it's the spaces between the teeth that you don't like, Invisalign could probably correct that, If it's the short length of the teeth that you don't like, you might do very well with "gingival contouring" with a laser. Both of these procedures are "conservative" in nature. A more aggressive approach would be Porcelain Veneers, but I would not chose that for my own son unless there were no other alternative.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Treatment never offered

+1

You need to go to an orthodontist and have your case worked up. The pros and cons of all your treatment options can be talked about. you do have some grinding wear on your teeth and that need to be considered. write down all your questions and go one by one when you have you consult to make a good decision

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

Want to fix your teeth?

+1

Thank you for providing the photos, its always helpful to have them. You never mentioned why tou are unhappy with your smile, it seems to be the space or gaps between your teeth. And it looks like you can be a good candidate for Invisalign. Orhtodontist consultation are free and you can find out how long and how much it will be. Sure, there are other options out there for straightening your teeth, but none offers the level of comfort, convenience and confidence that you'll find with Invisalign. And no matter what stage you're at in life, you'll appreciate how our cutting-edge approach to treatment has minimal interference in how you live, but has a significant positive impact on how you look and feel about yourself.

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

How can I fix my smile

+1

One thing you never mentioned in the question was what do you not like about your teeth and your smile.  Your teeth appear small and invisalign will not solve that problem.  It looks like you would be a good candidate for veneers.  Speak to your dentist and explain to him what you dislike and see what options he gives you.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist