How Much Fat Can Be Taken in One Lipo Procedure?

I weigh 248 after losing 100 lbs and having 3children. I want to get liposuction and a tummy tuck. Lipo to rid of some of the remaining fat and tuck to lift and firm stomach and muscles. How much fat can be lipoded off safely at my size. I am 5'5"

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Liposuction

+1
You'll really have to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to see which procedure would be best for you. If you have loose skin you'll be better off with a tummy tuck. If you have good skin ielasticity liposuction may be an option. While Vaser makes claims to tighten skin, its ability to skintight and is quite limited particularly postpartum patient.
In my own practice most patients who've had multiple pregnancies will do best with the tummy tuck.
If you're concerned about the length of recovery you may consider a tummy tuck, but without muscle tightening. In a non muscle tightening tummy tuck the same amount of skin is removed, the abdominal wall is just not as flat. It's the muscle tightening that causes discomfort after surgery so patients who undergo tummy tuck without tightening the muscles often have an easier and quicker recovery.
You may wish to ask your plastic surgeon about this option.

Web reference: http://www.dccosmetics.com/procedures/body-contouring/laser-liposuction-dc/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

+1
Tummy tuck and liposuction can be combined, but I think additional weight loss would allow for a safer procedure with a better result.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Fat removal after weight loss

+1
It would be best to be seen in person because in all likelihood you will need some kind of excisional procedure as well. Good luck.