I Want to Do an Explant/removal of Implants and Replace With Fat Transfer. Is This Recommended? (photo)

I'm having trouble with one of my implants and I fell like taking them out and replacing them with my body fat via liposuction. The scar is big and is in the fold. Should I do it? Will the fat disappear in a few months/years?

Explant/removal of Implants and Replace With Fat Transfer

+3

You would probably benefit more from breast implant exchange than a fat transfer to the breasts. Fat transfer to the breasts is a very unpredictable procedure with a high patient dissatisfaction. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Removal of breast implants and replace with fat. Possible?

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It looks as though you are slender with sizable implants for your frame.  You will most likely have a better result if you replace your current implants with another set of implants. You also look very thin, so harvesting the amount of fat that you will need to replace the size may be problematic. As of this writing, the amount of fat that can be transferred to the breast will be less than your current volume.  One usually has to put in more fat than you want to wind up with, as about 40% of it will go away.  Fat to the breast is controversial.  Please see several board certified plastic surgeons and get several opinions.   

Jeffrey Roth, MD