I Want to Downsize After a Year of BA? (photo)

Hi! I am 5"4' 120 pounds with 421cc. I asked for a full to medium C cup and PS recommended 400-420cc... My first pick was 325-350, I am thinking to downsize to 339cc to 354cc... would I see a big change? should I go smaller? would my PS need to do something to my pocket? Thank you!

Good Idea To Downsize

+6

You have a very athletic, attractive figure...unfortunately, and I don't mean to depress you, your breasts are too round, too big and the implants are not positioned properly!  You should definitely switch to smaller implants in the range you originally wanted.  Also, the pockets should be lowered so the implants drop properly, the nipples go up slightly and you have less of that unnatural upper pole fullness.  You are too good looking to have such unnatural breasts...good luck!

Downsizing

+6

I always recommend a minimum of 100cc when increasing or decreasing to make sure you see a difference. With your current shape I don't think you will need any pocket work, just a simple implant exchange.

Donald R. Revis Jr, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing

+3

Size is always a matter of taste. 

We try to measure the width of the chest/breast pocket  to find an appropriate breast implant base width to "fill" the breast pocket . Your breast looks a tad "overstuffed" and with your athletic build (and body) you maybe happier with the size you suggested. 

Discuss this with your surgeon. Good luck.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Concerns About Downsizing Breast Implants?

+2

Your plan to “downsize” breast implants seems reasonable. Key will be careful communication with your plastic surgeon; in my practice I would use goal pictures to help with this communication process.  If mutually acceptable, allow your plastic surgeon to make intraoperative decisions as to what size breasts implants will best achieve your goals.

Whether or not breast implant manipulation (capsulorraphy) will be helpful or necessary will depend on your physical examination and exactly how much of a decrease in breast  implant size is decided upon.

Best wishes;  make your decisions carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.

Downsizing breast implants

+2

I think you look more balanced with smaller implants.  You should have your plastic surgeon show you the various sizes of implants side by side so you can get a good idea of what a volume decrease of 50 or 75 or 100 cc actually is.  Whether or not you will need pocket work depends on how loose the smaller implant will be the pocket.  It may be that switching to low profile implant with a similar diameter but less projection and less volume will get you where you want to be. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Downsizing Breast Implant Size

+2

I would be cautious about reducing your breast implant volume by just 75ccs. You may be surprised that there may not be that much of a change in overall size. You would need to go down 100 to 125cc to really see a noticeable difference and the shape may be come worse unless the pockets are lowered somewhat.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Downsizing Implants

+2

In order to see a difference I recommend going at the very least 75cc down. Usually I recommend 100cc or more but I think you can get away with 75cc.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

What do you want?

+2

Your breasts look good, but if you are unhappy with the size then exchange the implants to a smaller size.  If your on the fence about it then don't do anything and wait until you are sure that you want to go smaller.  Size is a matter of taste/personal issue; I think your breasts are good and would not do another surgery.  Going from 420cc to 325cc would be a good jump toward being smaller.

Andre Aboolian, MD

High projection 4-5 breasts prosthesis looks always biegest with lower weight and volume/ l

+2

i would rather council to you yes to change with a high projection implant 4-5 than allow us to put a less volume and less weight looking as great as a maximum

in another words if you put  a high projection of 300 cc it will look like a 365 volume

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

+2

Its difficult to predict what would be perfect for you.  Look at the dimensions of the implants you are consider and try to visualize if that would be enough.  Look at sizers that are equal to your current implant and what you are considering and would that be enough?  Going down less than 100 cc's in my opinion is simply not worth the added costs and risks.  And also think about why you are motivated to downsize.  Is it because of your own desires or because of external forces.  If external, don't let them change what you may like yourself because you look good.  If you want a completely natural look, its really hard to achieve that with implants so make sure you communicate your goals and expectations with your surgeon before surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD