I Want to Downsize After a Year of BA? (photo)

Hi! I am 5"4' 120 pounds with 421cc. I asked for a full to medium C cup and PS recommended 400-420cc... My first pick was 325-350, I am thinking to downsize to 339cc to 354cc... would I see a big change? should I go smaller? would my PS need to do something to my pocket? Thank you!

Good Idea To Downsize

You have a very athletic, attractive figure...unfortunately, and I don't mean to depress you, your breasts are too round, too big and the implants are not positioned properly!  You should definitely switch to smaller implants in the range you originally wanted.  Also, the pockets should be lowered so the implants drop properly, the nipples go up slightly and you have less of that unnatural upper pole fullness.  You are too good looking to have such unnatural breasts...good luck!

Downsizing

I always recommend a minimum of 100cc when increasing or decreasing to make sure you see a difference. With your current shape I don't think you will need any pocket work, just a simple implant exchange.

What do you want?

Your breasts look good, but if you are unhappy with the size then exchange the implants to a smaller size.  If your on the fence about it then don't do anything and wait until you are sure that you want to go smaller.  Size is a matter of taste/personal issue; I think your breasts are good and would not do another surgery.  Going from 420cc to 325cc would be a good jump toward being smaller.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Downsizing implants

Its difficult to predict what would be perfect for you.  Look at the dimensions of the implants you are consider and try to visualize if that would be enough.  Look at sizers that are equal to your current implant and what you are considering and would that be enough?  Going down less than 100 cc's in my opinion is simply not worth the added costs and risks.  And also think about why you are motivated to downsize.  Is it because of your own desires or because of external forces.  If external, don't let them change what you may like yourself because you look good.  If you want a completely natural look, its really hard to achieve that with implants so make sure you communicate your goals and expectations with your surgeon before surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Downsizing

Size is always a matter of taste. 

We try to measure the width of the chest/breast pocket  to find an appropriate breast implant base width to "fill" the breast pocket . Your breast looks a tad "overstuffed" and with your athletic build (and body) you maybe happier with the size you suggested. 

Discuss this with your surgeon. Good luck.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Smaller Breast implant size

You could go a small bit smaller. If you go too much smaller, you would need a breast lift to reduce sagging.Perhaps only 50 cc's smaller would still have a nice shape. The size difference would be subtle.

Downsizing breast implants

If you are totally dissatisfied with your result you could consider reducing the implant size by 75 cc.  This would be about 1/2 of a cup size difference.  

Downsize breast augmentation

Your breasts look nice in the photos. Decreasing the volume by 75 cc's may not drop your cup size significantly.

Downsizing implants

Downsizing your implants by about 50cc will make a change, but probably not a "big" one. The other issue is that an adjustment to the implant pocket as the new implant will be smaller. If a minor change will make you happier, you may be able to use a sligjtly smaller implant and avoid the concerns of too much skin and too big of a pocket. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Concerns About Downsizing Breast Implants?

Your plan to “downsize” breast implants seems reasonable. Key will be careful communication with your plastic surgeon; in my practice I would use goal pictures to help with this communication process.  If mutually acceptable, allow your plastic surgeon to make intraoperative decisions as to what size breasts implants will best achieve your goals.

Whether or not breast implant manipulation (capsulorraphy) will be helpful or necessary will depend on your physical examination and exactly how much of a decrease in breast  implant size is decided upon.

Best wishes;  make your decisions carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.