I am now D cup. I want to downsize after having a breast lift with augmentation - What are my options? (photo)

I got a breast lift, lollipop scar with silicon augmentation at 250cc 7 months ago. I am 5'2, 110lbs. I elected to do the surgery because I wanted to fix the drooping and be perky, small handfuls. Very natural, where you couldn't tell that I have implements. I was (34)B cup and wanted to stay a B cup but now I'm 34D. I went with the doc's reco of 250cc mod plus silicon. I think they look amazing, love the placement but they are way toooo big! As they've settled in, I get more and more upset about the way the look. Now, I'm also questioning mod plus on my body - seems to wide for my shape. Is this right for me? I also think my nipples are too big. What are my options? If I downsize, how do I determine cc/size and profile? Will they have to re-lift as well?

Downsizing requires lift

+2
Unfortunately, you underwent a lollipop lift leaving a vertical incision. The implants are large and have extruded inferiorly, laterally and you are bottoming out. Your nipples are starting to rotate upward. Since you are happy with size B, the implants can be removed and you would be the same size you were originally. However, you would require a lift. I recommend a circumareola approach to remove the implants, reshape the breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of an implant. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Options for smaller breasts following breast augmentation and mastopexy

+2

Your result is beautiful but if you are uncomfortable with the size, then you may not be happy. 250 cc moderate profile plus is a smaller implant and it looks as if it fits your body appropriately. The reason for the increase in cup size, is because you are so small around your chest (circumference). An additional lift may be avoided if you decrease the size of the implant minimally, although you mentioned your nipples are too large, so if a revisional breast lift is needed, the areola could then be decreased in size at that time as well. You may wish to give it a few more months. Post-operative edema may last up to a year, then reassess for revisional surgery.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Downsize after breast lift

+1

This is very nice result. If you feel that your breasts are a little too wide and full for your shape , you may wish to exchange the implants for a smaller size and replace with high profile round. The areola can be reduced ath same time Iifyou think they are too wide . The skin may need to be tightened up a little if you go for a smaller implant.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Breast lift

+1

You really have a nice result. You can always go smaller if you wish and should discuss it with your surgeon, who obviously knows what he or she is doing. Just be aware of the costs involved. I think your size and shape are quite nice and having further surgery could be asking for problems. You will always be able to find a surgeon to redo your breasts, but why? You already have a result that is about as good as they get! I have had patients like you who have perfectly good results, then they go to another doctor, get messed up, and then regret not leaving well enough alone. Don't become one of them!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

I want to downsize after having a breast lift with augmentation - What are my options?

+1

You can certainly downsize the implant, reduce the areolar size, and relift if necessary.

Should I have an implant with a breast lift

+1

Many patients ask for a breast implant when they are having a breast lift on the assumption that the implant will make them look "perky" (whatever that means). This is nonsense: breast implants make breasts look bigger. That's all. In fact, their weight, with time, will likely make the breasts look "droopy" (presumably the opposite of "perky").

If you are happy with the volume of the breasts and just want them lifted, then you should NEVER have an implant. No implant is better than your own tissue!

If, however, you want larger breasts, then it is fine to do both.

J. Brian Boyd, MD