I Want to Use a Dermaroller After I Just Had Sculptra Injections for Acne Scars on my Cheeks. Is This Ok?

I just had Sculptra injections in my cheeks to fill in acne scars on my cheeks and help my skin to produce my own collagen to plump the skin over time. I want to do dermaroller treatments to also help my body produce collagen. Is this ok to do? If not, how long should I wait after the Sculptra injections to use the dermaroller?

DermaRoller after Sculptra injections

+1

Since DermaRoller treatments take place in the more superficial levels of the skin and Sculptra is injected beneath the skin, there should be no reason you can't start the DermaRoller treatments right away. However, I do not recommend Sculptra for treatment of acne scars. I find Sculptra works best for generating volume to create a lifting effect for sagging skin. Superficial injections with hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane are generally much more effective for treatment of acne scars.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon