I want to correct my crooked nasal bone without occurring a change to it and to the nose as a whole.

What is the best option that I can seek to get more alignment as the mid of nose is deviated and the nasal bones due to 2 fractures. I had a closed reduction back then but the nose still looks fractured is there an option away from septorhinoplasty that can fix the nasal without breaking and chiseling as this will make nose thick, stiff and visible with scares and will not keep my original one. Any suggestion shall I stay with my nose?

Correcting crooked nasal bones

+1
Dear Margaret22,

• You can correct the nasal bones with incisions inside the nose
  • The nose can be reset by making cuts in the bone and realigning the pieces
  • There is always a risk that it will not be perfectly straight, but it can be improved overall
  • You do not have to change anything else about the nose if you do not want to
  • When you are ready, please see a revision rhinoplasty specialist

Nima Shemirani

Correcting a Crooked Nose after a Fracture

+1
You do not need to accept a nose you do not like!  Whether or not you need to re-break the nasal bones depends upon the problem.  A closed reduction attempts to put all the pieces back together again.  But, that is not always possible as there may be small or large pieces that just don't fit back properly or the healing creates some irregularity.  Some problems may require re-breaking to move things back into place.   Other cases may be improved by adding (using grafts) or removing (by filing/chiseling) to certain areas.  Visible scars are not normally necessary.  You need to be evaluated by an experienced surgeon who can give you expert advice based on your history and findings.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Nasal bone issue after fracture

+1
If your nasal bones are displaced then the bones have to be treated if you want improvment. This may require rasping( filling) and/or osteotomies to reset the position and remove the bumps.

+1
  A surgical approach will be necessary to correct alignment.

Los Angeles, CA..........

Straightening Nasal Bones After Fracture

+1
Dear Margaret22~

Thank you for your question. The reasons to have your nasal bones fixed are if you are either unhappy with their appearance or if you are having difficulty breathing. The only way to actually straighten the bones is to rebreak them surgically. This can be done via a closed rhinoplasty approach where you would have no visible incisions or scars on the outside of your nose. You would have a period of swelling that would resolve with time. If you straighten the bones then your nose will appear straighter. You can certainly have this done without changing the appearance of the rest of your nose.

If you would prefer not to have surgery, you may be a candidate for a "non-surgical rhinoplasty". In a non-surgical rhinoplasty, fillers (such as Restylane) are injected to help camouflage the crooked areas and make the nose appear more straight. This would not actually straighten the bones themselves, but it could make the nose appear more straight visually. You would have swelling for a few days but after that you would be able to see your results.

Best regards,
Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD