Is A Chin Implant My Best Bet For A Stronger Jaw Line? Want A Natural Result (photo)

I want to get a chin implant to make it wider and of course draw it out further. overall its clear i do not have a strong jaw. and the chin i thought would be the best change because i can hardly afford that alone. what other procedures could be done for me? (i really want to not be to obvious of tweaking my face. id rather people i know think" wow she looks kind of different, i guess she lost weight!" and not.. "wait did she get work done!?" maybe in addition to somehow brin out my toplip more

Chin Implant

+1

There are many different chin implants that can change angles of your face depending on the needs of your face.  For example, one can bring the chin line forward without making it appear significantly longer.  At any rate, you need to start with a surgeon with significant experience in facial surgery and sit down for a consultation.  Good luck!

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for chin augmentation.

+1

From you photos, you look like a great candidate for a chin implant.  They are usually done trough an inside-the-mouth incision.  The exact type of inplant will be chosen during your office visit.  There are many different configurations, and an experienced surgeon will pick one that will give projection and blend into the surround chin line.  Make sure you are not given too large an implant.  This will over project the chin and should be avoided.  

David Alessi, MD

Chin augmentation may be done with Surgery or with Fillers

+1

You have a very nice looking face.  I would not characterize you chin as being weak as much as I would say it is average.  Adding a little to your chin would have the same effect to your face as wearing makeup around your eyes.  If done artfully, it won't change your face but it will give it that "wow" effect.  Your cheeks will look smaller and your neck will be improved.

Because your chin is average and not necessarily "weak", you are a candidate for either surgery or fillers.

Fillers like Radiesse can give you about 60% of the augmentation acheived with surgery, without having to go under the knife.  If you like the results of the non-surgical chin augmentation, you could use a permanent filler like artefill.

Good luck in your search for information.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Jawline with Chin Implant

+1

A chin implant will significantly improve your jawline and facial proportions. If done by ann experienced surgeon a natural result can be achieved.

Is chin implantation an option

+1

From your photos it does appear that improving your chin projection would help balance out your profile. Chin implants are a great way to do this. You should consult with a few board certified facial plastic surgeons or plastic surgeons to see if you're a good candidate and to perform digital morphing to show you what results are possible.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Natural looking chin implant and lip augmentation

+1

Looking at your photos, you seem to be an excellent candidate for a chin implant. The key thing for women is to use the smallest implant possible that will make a nice improvement. I almost always use the smallest size, because it looks more feminine. I have removed chin implants placed by other surgeons that were too large and gave a "witchy" look. The ching should blend from the jaw line, not look like it was stuck on. I also make the incision inside the mouth so there won't be a visible scar.

You also mentioned bringing out your top lip more. That is a separate procedure called a V-Y advancement that rearranges the tissue from inside the lip pushing it outward, giving a fuller upper lip. You also might benefit from a lip lift procedure to shorten your upper lip.  Fillers will plump up, but not bring out the lip this way and are temporary. I hope you achieve your goals.

Edmund Fisher, MD
Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

No one wants to look like they have had something done.  The goal is always to look natural with results that are balanced with the rest of your face.  Depending on your goals, you may benefit from a chin implant to improve your profile appearance.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified specialist in the face to help you achieve the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

An Alternative to Surgical Chin Implant

+1

You mentioned that you can barely afford one surgical procedure. Why not try the non-surgical chin augmentation? For less time and money (not to mention no recovery), you can have the same results. Plus, you can guide the procedure with your doctor, so that you create the chin you want. This is important, as you can see for yourself that here on Realself chin augmentations have only a 57% satisfaction rate. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Cosmetic surgery

+1

If you can hardly afford the chin surgery, what if complications happen? How you are going to pay for that if you needed another procedure????