I Want to Change my Nose and Lips? What Do You Think? (photo)

I'm a young male and I want my nose to be less wide. And I dont want an "ethnic nose job", I want to completely change my nose. I also want my lips to be longer and less plump. like Nicki Minaj. Would this be possible? And are there any other plastic surgeries you think I need? I don't know what to do.

Limits of 'Westernization' Rhinoplasty.

+1

All of the changes that you desire are possible but realistically, you need to understand that there are limits when trying to 'Westernize' the African American nose.  Typically, the following changes are made during ethnic rhinoplasty

• Augmentation of the nasal dorsum
  • Narrowing of the vault both along the bony base and the nasal dorsum.
  • Increasing nasal tip projection and definition.
  • Decreasing alar flare and alar base width.

It would be best to seek out opinions with honest, trusted and capable rhinoplasty surgeons who can help you see what the limits of change are so that you can get a realistic idea of what is possible.

Regarding your desired lip changes lip, surgical reduction of the red lip is possible and quite effective with very little visible scarring.  Increasing the vertical length of the lip from the base of the nose to the red lip (vermillion border) is much more challenging and many patients would find the necessary incisions and subsequent scarring unacceptable.

Sincerely, Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changing shape of nose and lips

+1

A rhinoplasty operation could narrow the nasal bridge line, including the bones and cartilages.  Osteotomies would need to be performed to narrow the bridge line and upper lateral cartilages.  Thinning of the nasal tip could be performed by a variety of techniques, such as suturing the nasal tip cartilages to become more narrow and refined.  An alarplasty is often performed to narrow the nostrils.  A simple lip reduction procedure can also be performed if a patient wants to reduce the size of the upper and lower lips.

Feminizing rhinoplasty for the African-American nose.

+1

Feminizing rhinoplasty for the African-American nose is possible. The lips can be reduced as well at the same time. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does these frequently.

Changing Nose and Lips

+1

You can decrease the width of your nose. It is very important for the patient and surgeon to discuss the expectations for your operation - patient and surgeon must be satisfied after the surgery. For example, I would want to clarify exactly what you mean when you say " I don' want an 'ethnic nose job' ".  Your lips can be changed. Cheek augmentation should also be considered to improve facial definition.