I Want to Change my Implants for Smaller Ones After 3 Monts of BA. Do I Need A Lift? (photo)

Hi, I have 421cc under the muscle implants and want to get 339cc, my PS told me to wait at least 3 months, so I am just waiting 8 more weeks. Will I need a lift? Does my pocket need stitches or something else to hold the new smaller implant? I really can't wait to get the right size of implants for me. Thank you.

Smaller implants

+2

I believe it is safe to change implants after three months as long as you have settled completely. Some patients take longer to settle.  Granted the photo you showed is early and it might change but as of today your look a little wide.  If this stays the same as they settle then the 339 maybe ok , there will only be a few mm different in projection.

Dr. Kearney

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Implant Exchange

+2

I make patients wait atleast four months and usually longer if I think necessary. Your breast may continue to change for many months. They do not appear overly large now, so I would give them time to settle. I am uncertain if a lift would be necessary with seeing your pre-op photos.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Breast Augmentation Revision

+2

At present your implants are riding high in the pockets.  I think it would be wise to allow time and gravity more time to help you.  You can also aid the process with two simple measures.  First of all avoid bras that push the implants upwards, as these tend to counteract the desired effects of gravity.  Even at 3 months an elastic compression band that is worn around the top of the breasts can help to push the implants down to a better location.  These measures sometimes work and sometimes do not, but they are certainly worth a try.  If the implants can be brought to a better location, revision will be an easier process.

It is hard to tell from these pictures alone whether you will need a lift, but as a general principal, when implants of a smaller size are placed the probability that you will need a lift increases significantly

John Q. Cook, MD

3 months after Breast augmentation may be to soon for a revision

+2

Hi,

In addition to having a pre-op photo, it would also be helpful to know why you are choosing to go down in size. I would strongly encourage you to re-submit your question with these two items so that we may give you the best possible advice.

Or, I would suggest that you do yourself a big favor and wait 3 more months so that you can get an accurate picture of your final result. Who knows, once the implants settle into place, you may just love them!

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

High implants mimic breast ptosis

+2

It can be difficult to know for certain, though your implants are quite high and the lower extent of the pocket does not allow the impant to sit behind and center on the nipple. We think the pocket might be the problem, and a smaller implant alone will not solve the issue.

Lift or smaller implants

+2

It is always nice to have preop photos, If you had sagging breasts before surgery then you may need a lift.  Right now, it looks like your implants have not descended into the pocket.

I Want to Change my Implants for Smaller Ones After 3 Monts of BA. Do I Need A Lift?

+2

Thanks for the one posted photo. Measurements would have been nice also. It appears as a high riding implant or a poor inferior dissection. Can not really comment if you need a lift at this time. Best to obtain in person second opinions. 

Do I need a Lift

+2

Your implants will continue to settle for months. I unfortunately do not have your preoperative photos so I do not know the position of the nipples before your surgery.Your nipples do appear a bit low and if they were below the inframamary crease before surgery it is likely you need a lift.I am not sure why you want to change the size so dramatically after such a short time,this is typically something that should be discussed in detail with your surgeon.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Need a Lift! Wait, Wait , Wait

+2

You may need a lift but it is too soon to make that decision.   Let the implants settle into place. I tell my patients that in some women the final result is 12-15 months.  

421cc Implants are typically modest on most women and not knowing your weight and height it is difficult to advise you to go smaller.

Why don't you give the proper amount of time and then a lift can be determined with so much more accuracy.

Hope this answer was helpful

Robert B. Winslow, MD (retired)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon