I want to change my chin shape, is that possible? (photo)

When I smile my chin is a bit pointy and flat. However, I was wondering if its possible to make it more square? Like Marilyn Monroe or Rachel Mcadams how they have square shaped chins when they smile. I'm looking more towards Monroe since our jawlines are similar.

I want to change my chin shape, is that possible?

+1

An extended anatomic implant may be appropriate but this is difficult to know without seeing pictures or examining you.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Wanting a square chin

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Without an examination or photo it's difficult to comment on what can or can not specifically be done in your case. However, there are procedures for changing the shape of a person's chin. I would recommend that you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon so that you may have a thorough examination and discuss your options.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Chin Reshaping for Animated Squareness

+1

To best answer your question on chin reshaping, it would be necessary to see pictures of your chin both smiling and non-smiling. Most likely your chin bone either needs to be centrally reduced to become more flat or the sides built up to create that look. But an assessment of our pictures would be needed to make that chin reshaping choice.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD