I Want a Butt and Hips but Have No Fat to Give Up What Can Be Done for Me with a Lasting Result?

Buttock augmentation can be achieved via fat transfer or implants.

+2

There are two options for buttock augmentation: fat transfer or implants. For patients who are very thin and do not have the available fat to donate, buttock implants may be the more appropriate choice. However, it is very important that you meet with a surgeon who will be able to examine you directly and determine which option would be most appropriate for you to achieve the best possible result. At The Plastic Surgery Clinic, we offer complimentary consultations with me and/or our other surgeons so that our patients are meeting in-person with their surgeon and getting the best possible advice. Every patient is different and no one answer is right for everyone.

Buttock and Hip Augmentation options

+2

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere.   There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs causing serious problems breathing. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred.

Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  I prefer to insert the implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%.  The same can also be said about Hip Implants except that the incision is usually placed about 1 1/2 inches below the belt-line in line with the hip.  Hope this helps…RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Augmentation works well on thin people

+1

In someone with a slim build, removing even a small amount of fat from selected areas and transferring it to the buttocks is very effective in achieving significant improvement, especially in getting an aesthetically pleasing shape.

This is because in a slim person even a small amount of fat makes a relatively larger difference.

So don't give up on the idea so easily.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Buttock enhancement and hips

+1

The best method is fat transfer for enhancing the buttocks and filling the hips.

If you have no fat you mey consider weight gain to get the fat.

Other options are buttock implants and cusome hip implants. Implants like any other implants require maintainance and have their own set of risks and complications.