I want to get a Breast Reduction (in Canada) and I want to know what are the factors that insurance will look at? (photo)

I am a 30 year old woman, mother of two. I have lost most of my pregnancy weight and gained a lot more muscle in my legs and arms. My stomach is still soft and could use some serious tonight, however my breast have not decreased in size - only shape. Making my neck and upper shoulder/back pain greater as it feels as though there is a constant pulling forward and down. My breast size is nothing like an F or H cup, I am a DD 36. I have done the chiropractor route and aquasize, no luck.

+1

Different insurance companies have different guidelines when it comes to breast reduction. Even within the same company the guidelines are different from one policy to the other. I don't know what criteria they would be using in Canada, but in the U.S. for the most part they would be looking at your history of back, shoulder, and neck pain, treatments you have received, your breast size in proportion to your height and weight, etc. If you are under the care of an experienced plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the equivalent in Canada, they can guide you in the right direction and obtain the appropriate authorization for you.

I want to get a Breast Reduction (in Canada) and I want to know what are the factors that insurance will look at

+1

Yes! Height vs weight, previous non surgical therapies, like chiro., recent mammogram, symptoms and signs of large breasts. Best to seek IN PERSOBN evaluation with boarded PS in your city.