I Want a Breast Lift So Would I Be Required to Get Implants? (photo)

Would I Be Required to Get Implants if I want a breast lift?

+2

You can have a breast lift without getting breast implants as well.  A breast lift reduces the overhang of a breast and elevates a nipple that is too low.  If the skin is loose, there is some tightening effect.  If someone wants a larger breast, they need implants.  If someone wants more fullness in the upper portion of the breast, they need implants.  If someone has a breast that is not excessively overhanging and does not have a low nipple and the breast is simply deflated "in place", then a lift would have a minimal effect and that person needs more volume to fill out the deflation, and that is only accomplished with an implant augmentation.

Breast lift require augmentation

+2

Not all breast lifts require implants, particularly if you are happy with your breast size. If you desire more fullness or feel you are deflated, you may benefit from added volume and implant can provide. Sometimes an implant alone will provide volume and lift. I would recommend you visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options. Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Hello

+1

From your picture it does look that you would benefit from a modest implant to give superior fullness. A lift in itself would raise your areolas but you would still have that slop on top of your breast.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

+1

Based upon the only posted photo I think you are a good candidate for breast lift full anchor type without implants . Implants are a personal choice. 

Lift without implants

+1

You do not need to have implants in order to get a breast lift.  You may perceive your breasts to be a different size after the lift procedure just because the tissue will be lifted and in place.  Very little to no breast tissue is removed in the lift procedure, just the excess skin.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Necessary In My Case?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

You may be an excellent candidate for breast lifting alone assuming you are happy with the breast size/fullness that will be achieved with the breast lifting alone. I would suggest that you consider your goals carefully and communicate these goals with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to aid with this communication process.  For example, once you have reviewed these pictures with your plastic surgeon, he/she will be able to tell you whether the results you are looking for can potentially be achieved with breast lifting alone.

I Want a #BreastLift So Would I Be Required to #GelImplants? (photo) ANS:

+1

Nope! You can have any implant you choose, or none at all! You seem to have thicker skin and some breast tissue already so it seems from the photo that you would even do well with saline.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Impalnts for a lift?

+1

If you feel you hae enough volume( which it certainly looks like in photos) a lift alone may be the answer.

I Want a Breast Lift So Would I Be Required to Get Implants??

+1

Thanks for your question and thanks for adding the photo. after satisfied with her breast size there is no reason that you would need an implant should she choose to have a breast lift.her.  There are some ligament was rather small breasts difficult to fashion an attractive shape when a mastopexy done without adding more volume. However there is sufficient breast tissue appeared to accomplish that.

One thing he might consider is standing in front of the mirror and elevating her arms overhead. this often gives a pretty good stimulation of what you might look like with a breast lift. during times of the breast looks larger when sagging compared to when it is in a more appropriate position. if you attempt his exercise and he decided your breast with too small he should consider an enlargement.

Best wishes

Breast Lift and Implants

+1

Without seeing you in person or evaluating photos, it is impossible to answer your question.  Also a lift is separate from implants.  If you only require a small lift, then placing an implant may help achieve the result by increasing the volume of your breast and thus slightly lifting your nipple/areolar complex.  However, if you need anything more than a minor lift, then you will require a mastopexy (incisions) to lift the nipple/areola and the redundant skin.  If you want more volume in the breast or more upper pole fullness, then it may also choose to have an implant placed at the same time or at a later date.  There are many options and you should discuss them with your surgeon.

Godo Luck

David Shafer, MD