I Want to Know if Need a Breast Lift or if I Could Get Away With A Breast Aug? (photo)

I have a consultation next week I just want to know what to expect. I have 3 kids and one breast seems to be larger than the other .I really would like to get a breast aug asap just want advice . I am wanting to get dd my breast friend just got 575 saline implants they look awesome . worried about breast lifts been looking at before and afters most look worse after than they did Before

Breast augmentation alone or with lift

+2

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Based on your pictures, it appears that a breast augmentation alone would be a very good option for you.  An in person exam would give you the best information.  Also, your expectations with a breast augmentation alone would need to be discussed.  You may get a different look that you friend and the size of implants for you may be completely different.  Discuss all your goals with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Is breast lift needed?

+2

While this is a very personal decision that the patient can usually best decide, it is helpful to get opinions from surgeons who have performed many of the procedures. There is no substitute for a full consultation with your doctor, however, looking at your photos, I would say that you might do well with breast implants alone at this time, but you will have some degree of sagging even with the implants. While some women actually prefer this "more natural", relaxed look, others do not like it at all. This is a good discussion to have with your surgeon. 

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants will work fine

+2

Based on your photos you should do fine with an asymmetric breast augmentation (two different sized implants).  I do not believe you need a lift procedure.  You should be able to choose above or below the muscle and silicone or saline implants.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants alone or a lift too?

+2

It looks like you may be able to have a breast augmentation alone but an exam in person would be most helpful to determine this.

Do I need a lift, or just implants?

+2

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the answer is one that you will have to answer in retrospect.  Most women who have breast fed and have some laxity of the envelope have some dropping of the nipple areola complex after breast augmentation.  It is a mistake to believe that the skin rises significantly as a result of the augmentation.  It would be the anticipation of plastic surgeons that you would look wonderful in clothing and swimming suits after a breast augmentation. Will you will be satisfied when you are undressed? Will you be confident in your appearance if you have a little bit of droopiness of your skin over perfectly well-placed implants. If I were caring for you I would tell you to get the implants first and if necessary an office-based skin reduction could be done later.  I would likely put it off at least 6 months after the augmentation. Best of luck!

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift necessary with my breast augmentation?

+2

Based upon your photographs it does not appear that you would require a breast lift at the time of your augmentation.  I would recommend that you focus on the appearance that you desire, rather than your friend's implant size.  Implant base width needs to match your chest wall dimensions; the profile selected determines the final breast size and shape.  The same size implant will look very different with different implant profiles, and will look different in different women.

Be sure to consult with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced in breast augmentation and communicate your goals clearly with the surgeon.

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Breast Augmentation in Austin, Texas

+1

Hi.  Thanks for sharing your photos.  Nothing takes the place of an in-office consultation, but based on your photos, it appears that you do not need a breast lift. Your nipples are above your IMF (infra-mammary fold) or lower breast crease, so an implant alone should work for you.  You will give some lift from the implants alone, especially in the size you are considering.  Make sure you are allowed to try on sizers during your consultation because what looked great on your friend may not look the same on you.  Your surgeon should recommend implants based on your breast and chest wall dimensions.  Best of luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD

Do you need a lift?

+1

I think you got a unanimous consensus answer that you do not.  Go for the size that makes you happy and I would anticipate a great outcome.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift or augment

+1

Which is right for you will depend on what your goals are. If you just want more fullness, then implants alone may be sufficient. If you want the position of your nipples changed to a higher position, then you will need a lift. You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss these options and your goals. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon