Want Breast Implants but Have No Idea What to Go with AA Cup? (photo)

So im 18 almost 19 and dont even fill an A cup.And im overweight!! I'm so ashamed to show my pictures..I plan on getting back down to a normal weight and my breasts will be even smaller then. I really want implants. I was thinking id have to get saline since its cheaper and since im not 22 i cant get silicone. I've also heard saline is safer than silicone. But i want my breasts to look natural. Im afraid if i get saline implants theyll look extremely unrealistic and like two balls on my chest.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Of course you can have silicone gel implants at age 18!

+1

I'm sorry some of my colleagues are telling you that you cannot have silicone gel implants at age 18. This is simply incorrect, as silicone gel implants are perfectly legal and appropriate for use in properly-informed women between the ages of 18 and 22 who request their use. This is simply considered "off-label" use, just as Botox for crow's feet is "off-label" use (since Botox is FDA-approved ONLY for glabellar frown lines).

Yet I suspect that virtually every one of my colleagues who erroneously tell you that you cannot have silicone implants will inject Botox for other women's crow's feet! Off-label use is perfectly legal and appropriate for select patients who are properly informed and choose silicone gel implants at age 18 (or crow's feet Botox at any age!)

Silicone is a better choice for someone whose anatomy is like yours--little breast tissue and insufficient tissue coverage to minimize visible saline implant ripples. Both saline and silicone can look very natural, though saline implants must be properly "over"filled to minimize ripples and an unnatural "water-balloon" feel and look. Both kinds of implants are best placed beneath your pectoralis muscles for the same reasons, and also to minimize the potential for bacterial contamination from submammary position ductal bacteria causing higher risk of capsular contracture.

Silicone implants have been exhaustively studied for over 50 years, and even more so in the past two decades. There has NOT been any cause-and-effect link demonstrated between silicone gel implants and any sort of autoimmune illness. In fact, since the present generation of cohesive silicone gel implants cannot "leak" and are virtually impossible to "rupture," you also do NOT need periodic MRI scans as (inappropriately) "recommended" by the FDA to "look for hidden rupture," especially since these studies are incorrect over 20% of the time, leading to unnecessary surgery!

In addition, the risk of surgery (which is exceedingly low!) has always been stated to have a higher risk that the "risks" from silicone gel implants {FDA chief David Kessler, 1991]! And of course, if one of your saline implants leak, your body absorbs harmless saline, but your implant deflates and requires a surgical operation to replace the implant--at "higher" risk than the supposedly "less-safe" silicone gel implants that can never leak!

The most common reason for "two balls on [your] chest" is bad surgery by an unskilled surgeon, not implant fill material. See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who do over 100 breast augmentations per year. Get more information, but get facts, not urban legends or popular myths from ladies' magazines! You can start by clicking on the web reference below for my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation parts 1 and 2. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implants for small breasts

+1

Hello.  Well you do present a series of challenges, but they are not insurmountable.  Your skin envelope would appear tight based on your pictures. For a natural look you would not want to go too big. It is true at your age you can not do silicone implants.  Saline can look quite natural, but you would want to be sure to go under the muscle. Depending on how much weight you plan to lose, you may want to wait until you have done that to get the implants. Again from your pictures it doesn't look like you need to lose a lot of weight. Start with a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon and go from there.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

No idea how to go with breast augmentation

+1

If you don't know yet how you wish to look you should do more homework to understand the right look for you. You should not worry about the saline implant as it will look every bit as well as a gel if you choose your surgeon carefully. Consider an under the arm saline to keep any scar off your chest, and see how you feel about a silicone gel when you are up for implant replacement in 10 to 15 years.