Want Breast Implants, BUT Have a Few Concerns. (Age 23, 1701cm 60kilo (5'7 132lbs)? (photo)

Main concern is scaring and healing. I get keloid scars (especially with stitches photo attached [minor scar one stitch gallbladder removal]) acne &acne scars. Also my body doesn't seem to tolerate any piercings regardless of material used (gold, silver ......) rejects within a week. second concern is I am thin, have small breasts, want small implants that look very natural, and not like two balls implanted into my skin. Soo.. go/no-go (unrealistic surgery expectations)? Thank you so much!

Small breast augmentation

+2

You would be a good candidate for a periareolar scar breast augmentation.  This would place a small scar in the border of the areola and the breast skin which has very low risk of keloiding.  This would also allow a periareolar lift on the left breast which is slightly more ptotic than the right.  Silicone implants do not suffer from rejection and if placed under the muscle, would give you a nice natural look depending on the size. 

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
There is likely a reason for your bad scar, I have done breast augmentation in women with keloids and they have been fine, as long as the surgery is done correctly and the incisions are closed properly you should be fine

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Candidate for breast implants?

+1

From your pictures alone, you look like a good candidate for breast augmentation provided you are otherwise healthy.  You need your other scars to be examined by your surgeon however and you need to make a plan together to treat the keloids if they appear after your augmentation.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision. A major factor that effects how breast implants look and feel is whether they're inserted over or under the chest (pectoral) muscle. If you want the most natural-looking breast you'll need a subpectoral implant, in which the implant is placed under the muscle. Depending on whether a saline or silicone implant is used this procedure only requires the merest incision - about three centimeters in the crease under the breast or at the edge of the nipple.  It’s thought that placing the implant under the muscle diminishes the incidence of capsular contracture, the formation of hard scar tissue around the implant which occurs in 10 to 30 percent of cases. Subpectoral implants aren't right for everyone, though. In short, you must know -- realistically -- what you are starting with, as well as what you want to look like when surgery is done. Do you want a natural appearance or a round, perky look? These are some of the factors I weigh with my patients when evaluating what type of procedure to do.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Want Breast Implants, BUT Have a Few Concerns. (Age 23, 1701cm 60kilo (5'7 132lbs)?

+1

Not sure you are a scar former per se?? But might suggest a test area of an incision with a suture than see over a few months the healing. If satisfied at least you tried to see if you would scar. Size for you at least a 250 cc HP. 

Breast augmentation

+1

I think that it is best for you to go for an examination in person to be properly evaluated and to get a full explanation of the +/-'s.

Concerns

+1

The scar demonstrated in the photo is not in focus enough to make a judgement, but does not look like what I would consider a keloid. 

Best bet is an in person consultation to evaluate the risks and benefits. I think a small or modest size implant should result in a natural appearance. Scars are always a trade-off is aesthetic surgery. You can discuss incision and sizing with your plastic surgeon .

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast surgery and scarring

+1

A natural look should be very achievable with small implants for you.  Scarring will vary for every surgery.  Scar appearance is greatly influenced by tension on a scar, but your genetics certainly plays a role.  I would recommend a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation of your situation and together you can develop a surgical plan to help you reach your goals.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon