I Want a Breast Augmentation. Will I Need a Breast Lift Also Since my Breast Are Saggy?

I've had 2 kids and my breast aren't what they used to be. I'm getting a breast augmentation as soon as I get the money saved. I just need to know if I have to have a breast lift also. I want them to have a little sag to them, to look a little natural. Right now, they are just a lot of skin though. What needs to be done?

Is a lift necessary?

+1

The best way to get an appropriate answer to your question is to visit a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can examine your breasts and offer an experienced opinion.  Whether or not a lift is needed is determined by the position of the nipple in relation to the breast fold.  Depending on the degree of the "droop" of the breasts as well as the size of the implant selected, sometimes an implant alone will provide enough "lift" so that a surgical lift is not needed.  After an evaluation your plastic surgeon should be able to discuss options and recommendations with you.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breast and breast augmentation

+1

Nipple  position in relation to the fold under your breast is the key to treating the breast for aging and drooping.   Frequently the drooping can be treated with an implant of the proper diameter alone.  Various nipple lift procedures may be used such as crescent masopexy, donut mastopexy, vertical mastopexy, etc.  Consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Hello

+1

Without pictures we cannot give accurate advice. Usually if you have had kids and you can see obvious sag a lift would be needed to give you good results. There are few options for you depending on what you’re looking for. You should go in for a consultation with a PS when you get closer to the time you’re looking to have surgery so you can get your options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

To be able to have any reasonable idea if you need a lift with your breast implants, you will have to provide photographs.

+1

To be able to have any reasonable chance of answering your question, you will have to provide photographs.

To have the best idea of your options, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lift with Aug?

+1

Nobody on this forum can really tell you the answer to that question without seeing pictures at minimum. You should seek a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what your needs will be. Every patient is so very different and from what you describe it is impossible to say if an implant alone will do the trick or if a lift will be needed as well. The position of the nipple/areola complex on the breast mound with its' relation to the lower breast crease determines greatly if a lift is needed or not. If you are planning on going with a larger sized implant then sometimes a lift is not needed depending on the look you are trying to achieve. This is a very common procedure that most all plastic surgeons perform. Good luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

+1

Without photos, it is impossible to tell.  It all depends on where your nipple sits, what size implants you will be having, and what result you are expecting.  Best to see a Plastic Surgeon in person to be evaluated.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift with my augmentation??

+1

Determining whether a lift is necessary will be based on the position of your nipples and existing breast tissue in relation to your chest wall and inframammary fold.   An in office exam will be most useful to determine this.

It is possible that a portion or all of  the loose skin can be filled out by an implant alone.

I recommend that you visit with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to undergo an in office evaluation and to hear their recommendations based on your desired end result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Lift Needed?

+1

Direct examination and/or viewing pictures would be necessary to give you advice regarding the necessity for breast lifting.  This determination is best made during consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. The position of your breasts as well as that of the nipple/areola complexes on the chest wall will play a major role in this decision-making process.

When the time is right,I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Lift or augment

+1
Photos would be helpful. Some patients need the lift and others can have augment alone. Being willing to accept some sagging, unfortunately, is not a recipe for a satisfactory, natural outcome so you would really need to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to explore options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast implants +/- lift

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say whether or not you would need a lift with implants. I will say that an implant will not lift your breasts.