I Want Breast Aug, but I Dont a Lift. Can I Still Go Under the Muscle? (photo)

The first Doctor told me that I have two options; 1. Lift 2. over the muscle implants. I dont like either one of my options. Is there still hope for me. Btw I'm 5'2 120ibs. I used to be a D cup before pregnancy now im a C. I want DD's.

You need a lift

+1

Your result will be awful without a lift.

You have pretty breasts.  So if you are not ready to do the right thing, then don't do the wrong thing. 

Doing nothing is the best answer.

If you asked my opinion about what you need, based purely on your photos i would say to do a lift without an implant.  You have plenty of breast volume.  Your skin has already stretched which means it will restretch.  The more weight you add, the faster it will stretch.

No matter what you will need a lift.  I think you should start with the lift and let things settle.  If you still want to be larger, it could be done later.

Can I get implants without a lift?

+1

You would not be happy with your shape if you got implants without a lift. Your areolae are quite large and you are rather droopy. The weight of the implants will only make this worse. You will probably do well with implants under the muscle combined with bilateral purse string mastopexies - also known as peri-areola, Benneli, circum-areola, and doughnut. Your scar will be just a circle on each side.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

To Lift or Not to Lift...

+1

Unfortunately when placing a breast implant in a breast that is need of a lift you will end up with what we call "a rock in a sock look".  It definitely would not be the optimal result. Looking at the size of your areolas, you would benefit greatly from a Benelli Mastpexy, also referred to as a Doughnut Mastopexy or Purse String Mastopexy. Remember, as surgeon's we do not want to do a breast lift of any kind unless warranted. In addition, make sure you do your homework and you chose a surgeon with much experience with these types of surgeries. Review their pictures, read reviews. Good Luck to you.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy will optimize results if you have sagging breasts

+1

Thank you for your question.  Judging from your photos a breast lift will optimize your results.  If a patient needs a lift and has just an augmentation with no lift, we often see that the breast is "hanging off" the edge of the implant.  A second concern is that the size implant you may want could contribute to further sagging.  The plastic surgeon is giving you his/her recommendation based on their experience.  Do make sure that you understand why he/she is making these particular recommendations for you.   Sometimes a second or third consult can help clarify things for you.  Sometimes a patient cannot have exactly what they want, for good reasons, and one is wise to accept that.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast lift or augmentation?

+1

Your areolae are large and will only get larger with an augmerntation.  I would recommend an areolar reduction( doughnut mastopexy technique).  Without this I don't believe you would have a result that would be acceptable.  A further discussion with your Plastic Surgeon may help to define what would be the best plan for your surgery.  Subpectoral implant position would be fine, but I feel that a lift is critical to give you a good result.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast Aug With Lift? #breastimplants

+1

Sure you can go under the muscle. Just know that nobody wants a lift and none of us want to do a lift unless it is needed. It really depends on the physical findings on exam as to what you need to give you the best result. You should not let a lift scare you away if you really need it or you won't be happy with your results and you will be back for the lift. As long as you feel you have communicated your goals well and you trust your surgeon that hopefully you will get the correct operation and have an excellent result.

Richard J. Brown, MD

As heavier and huge implants as falling down again the breasts/mientras mas grandes sean los implantes mas rapido caeran las mam

+1

if you think than bigger implants will correct the position i apologize with you but is a wrong way of thinking, try to see next video in order you see a new technique to lift and  reshape the breasts with minimum scarring

si piensas que colocando implantes mas grandes se corregirian los pechos caidos, por favor me disculpo de antemano contigo pero estas equivocada se corrgien con una nueva tecnica de 5a. generacion que te envio el video a continuacion  saludos cordiales

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I agree - you need a lift with your breast augmentation

+1

you definitely need a lift with your BA. if you don't then you will hang unnaturally on your BA and it will not look good at all. Accept the scars which will fade or decide not to have a BA at all, but definitely do not do a BA and skip the lift.

best of luck

david berman md

plastic surgeon,

sterling, va

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Lift or not?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  They jury has spoken that if you wish to have the best results, a lift is needed and it would also reduce the size of your areola.  BUT you have to accept the scars and a lift isn't forever.  If you can handle a little droop and the prospect of a lift in your future, a dual plane submuscular technique can provide a satisfactory result for the moment and you will have to be patient as the implants settle.  Its really your decision.

Curtis Wong, MD