I Want to Get a Brazilian Butt Lift but I Heard It Goes Away in Time, Is This True?

i wanted to get it but can i work out and stuff and still have my butt not go down, i want to have a nice slimmer body with a ounder buttÉ what would be my options

Brazilian butt lift does the fat go away

+5

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When you do this procedure you will for ever changed the shape of the body and the buttocks. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure it is a shape changing procedure. This works because fat cells don't replicate. You are born with a certain number of fat cells when you gain weight so gets bigger and when you lose weight each of its smaller but you don't replicate more fat cells. So when you take fat cells away from the waist and you put them in the buttocks you now shifted storage from the body to the buttocks so when calories, and the body they will store in the buttocks 1st. When you gain or lose weight after surgery this will not change. Now the buttocks will be the 1st place you gain weight and the last-place you lose weight.

Fat grafting vs implants

+4

There are really on two ways to increase the volume and projection of your buttocks.  One option is silicone implants the second is fat grafting (brazilian butt lift).  In a brazilian butt lift, the fat that survives will be present forever as long as your weight remains stable.  If performed properly, about 75% of the fat that is placed will survive.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Fat Grafting Gives Long Lasting Brazilian Butt Lift Results

+3

It is expected and normal that some of the fat injected will resorb over the first 6 months. In my experience, the amount that resorbs is 20% - 30%. The remainder should be long lasting. That is why we try to overcorrect at the time of initail fat grafting..

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Survival of Fat after Brazilian Butt Lift can be Permanent

+3

Hi there-

Provided that you are a good candidate, and that your surgery in performed by a surgeon with a lot of experience in the technique, and that you are very careful to follow all postoperative instructions and maintain yourself after the operation, the benefit of the Brazilian Butt Augmentation to your body contour should be permanent.

Even under the best of circumstances, 15-20% of the fat will be resorbed, thus the need to over-graft to some degree.

With changes in your body habitus (weight gains or losses), of course you should expect your body to change- just as it would have before surgery with changes in your weight. However, provided we are not talking about large swings in weight, the new silhouette you enjoy after the procedure should be maintained.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Duration and Longevity of Fat Grafting of the Buttock (Brazilian Butt Lift)

+3

The volume of the fat augmented buttock would depend on how much of the fat grafted into the buttocks survived the transfer AND how much of it survives your body' subsequent metabolic needs. Anywhere up to 30-40% of the fat transferred may not survive. But if you then proceed to lose a massive amount of weight, ALL fat cells in the body would deflate, including the buttocks. This is another reason why gaining weight for a Brazilian Butt Lift followed by weight loss makes little sense.

Brazilian Butt Lift Longevity

+2

Like any surgical procedure, the practitioner performing the operation is the biggest factor towards a successful outcome.  So the first important thing to do is consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who frequently performs this operation.  The transferred fat (fat grafts) are subject to several variables that affect the survival rate.  I agree with some of the other answers that remaining fat after the first several months will not go away.  Significant weight fluctuations can affect the overall body fat including the fat grafts.  In my experience, patients that maintain themselves or even improve their overall fitness level tend to have the best overall results. With good candidates, proper surgical technique and postoperative care, a high retention rate of the fat can be expected in most cases.

good luck

Sean A. Simon, MD

Longevity Of Fat Grafting In The Buttocks

+2

The final result from injecting fat into the buttocks (aka Brazilian Butt LIft) depends on how well the fat survives. What percent will survive varies with each person and could be anywhere from 25% to 100% in my experience. There are many factors that affect that survival, not the least of which is how much fat is injected. Whatever loss will occur happens in the first three months. Thereafter the result will be stable [provided one does not lose a lot of weight.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brazilian Buttock lift

+2

After brazilian Butt lift, some of the fat will absorb, 60-80% will stay with good technique of preparing and injecting the fat.

If you do not have fat to transfer or not enough then your other alternative is butt implant

+1
   After the first 6 weeks, the result is stable and permanent.  Yes, there are studies to document long term retention.

Brazilian Buttock Augmentation

+1

Fat grafting to the buttocks is a "natural" way to increase the size of the buttocks.  Each person will keep a percentage of the fat that is transferred.  The fat will go through natural aging as the person gets older. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon