I want botox injections for jawline reduction. Is this safe for a person with exercise induced asthma?

Botox and contraindications

+1
Botox has been used for jawline reduction in the masseter muscle.  There is no specific contraindication for exercise induced asthma and Botox.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Botox for the best cosmetic results.

+1
There are no contraindications associated with Botox for patients with asthma. I would recommend having a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist perform the injections. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox for Masseter muscle

+1
Botox may be safely used to treat masseter muscle hypertrophy in select patients. It may take several sessions to see results and is best combined with a strategy to reduce tooth grinding at night or excessive jaw clenching. Consult with an experienced botox injector to see if you are a candidate. Contraindications for botox include neurologic conditions. These and risks of treatment should be discussed with your doctor.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Botox masseter injections are safe when performed by an experienced physician injector. I am not aware of any contraindication for Botox in asthmatic patients. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can an Asthmatic Receive Botox?

+1
Dear kngen887,

Asthma is not considered a contraindication to Botox. This means that yes, a person with exercise induced asthma can generally receive Botox injections.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Botox and asthma

+1
Yes. Botox for jaw line reduction affects the masseter muscle that inserts on the side of the jaw.
It will not affect your breathing. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD