I want to book my tummy tuck. I've got a hernia and I'm on medication. Can I still go ahead?

Medication and surgery

+1
You will want to make sure and talk to your surgeon about all medications that you are on. If there is anything in your medication that might make you bleed more than usual, you will want to discontinue that medication, under a doctor’s supervision, prior to surgery. Your surgeon will be able to advise you on if you need to discontinue the medication and if so, how far in advance. You should be able to repair the hernia and have your tummy tuck at the same time, so that you only have one anesthesia session and one recovery period. Good luck with your procedure!

Combined Surgical procedures

+1
Definitely a hernia repair can be done through the TT procedure, actually this is much easier because the abdominal wall is exposed and a hernia is a hole or defect of the abdominal wall. 
About the medication, just be sure that is not based on aspirin which cause bleeding during any type of surgical procedure. 
Be encouraged!!  You will be loving your results plus a hernia fixed. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tucks and Hernias

+1
Most hernias can be repaired et the same time as a tummy tuck. I advise doing them together because it means you will only have one recovery

Ronald Schuster, MD