I Just Want to Go Under Alar Base Reduction with Tip Plasty? (photo)

just i want to know that whether i am good candidate of rhinoplasty or not. LDL in my blood is slightly high.does it affect the procedure.otherwise i am physically fit. dear doctors... i need your help.i want to go for rhinoplasty. the word surgery is frightening me a lot,but i want to reshape my nose.should i go without fear? is there any potential risk if i am opting for alar base reduction with tip plasty and reduction above tip? what will be total cost for all procedures i have mentioned here? i need your confidence for going ahead.i am eager to hear you soon. thanks and regards

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear pre123,

• The nose can definitely be made less wide
  • You would need cartilage grafting as well to reinforce the smaller nose so you do not have breathing problems afterwards
  • When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty surgeon who can address your concerns and answer all of your questions

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Alar base reduction and tip platy

+1

An alar base reduction would narrow the nostrils significantly. A tip plasty would also narrowe the tip of the nose as well. It is difficult to say if that would be  of enough to give  a natural result without seeing a side profile of the nose

Tip plasty and Alar reduction

+1

Hi,

Its difficult to say without seeing a lateral photo of your nose. Occasionally,

tip plasty and alar base reduction is all that is needed.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Tip Work and Alar Base Reduction

+1

Rhinoplasty is a procedure designed to reshape the nose and create better facial proportions. Just doing part of this may create new problems for you. Your tip can be improved as well as your alar base. You may also benefit from reduction of the width of the nose above the tip. The LDL cholesterol by itself would not be a contraindication. Find a plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in rhinoplasties for the best result. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Nasal work

+1

I think you need more than an alar base reduction and tip work, your middle third is fairly wide and should be narrowed as well.

Alar Base Reduction and Tip Plasty

+1

You can limit the surgery to an alar base reduction and tip plasty but you are also wide immediately above the tip. The bridge looks good in the picture you provided. Proportion is an important consideration.

Rhinoplasty for the very wide alar base and tip reduction.

+1

Alar base and tip reduction is what you need   YYou made need something done to the bridge since I do not have those views. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Soft tissue limitations of Rhinoplasty

+1

Thick, heavy skin and heavy soft tissues of nose are relative contraindications to cosmetic rhinoplasty.

You have all of above limitations.  Rhinoplasty will not give you satisfactory outcome.  Refrain from any operation. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Tip Work and Alarplasty

+1

You tip can be improved as well as your alar base.  You may want to consider the reduction of the width of the nose above the tip.  The LDL cholesterol by itself would not be a contraindication.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA