I want to know if I absolutely need a Breast Lift to go along with my Breast Augmentation. (photos)

I'm well aware that my breast do sag but can I get away with a bigger implant and still have a decent result?

Breast Lift with Implants

+1
Hi Redrose,
Put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor. If you nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal dual plane lift called the dual plane.  So basically if you want your nipple in the center of the breast (and smaller) you need a lift with the implants.  All the best,  "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
Breast Augmentation only adds volume to breast, it does not change shape or position.From your photographs, a breast lift is essential and I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.Most women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars, nipple numbness and the inability to breast feed.This technique eliminates these complications.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift in addition to Breast Augmentation

+1
The best result for you will likely be from the combination of a lift with implants. Breast augmentation alone with not lift the position of the areolae or nipples. The weight of the implant will also cause the breast to rest on your chest, rather than appearing full and lifted.  If this is a concern for you, a mastopexy (lift) with implants will improve nipple position as well as add upper pole fullness to your breasts.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

+1

You can have a augmentation only but you will not be satisfied with results. I think a breast lift is your best option for your hard earn money . 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

I want to know if I absolutely need a Breast Lift to go along with my Breast Augmentation

+1
Absolutely and unequivocally! Your breast profile shows several challenges and a pre-operative plan has to be made. The first challenge is that you have what is known as tuberous breast deformity which is a constriction of the lower part of the breast. Second, there is a splaying of the areola (the pigmented portion around the nipple) it is basically too large of an area and will require reduction in size. The third part is the substantial stretch marks on the breasts. However, you have sufficient breast volume which should make for a nice outcome when the lift is combined with an appropriately sized implant. My plan would be to operate in two stages. The first stage would be to place the implant in a dual plane position (partly under the muscle). The size of the implant would be about 400 ccs. This would be the augmentation. After about 3 to 6 months, you would come in for the second stage of the procedure which would involve lifting the breast. The lift creates the dimensional profile of the breast and the nipple would be centrally located on both breasts.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I want to know if I absolutely need a Breast Lift to go along with my Breast Augmentation.

+1
    I think that a lift would be useful to achieve a much better appearance.

+1
"Need" has to be defined when using it for a cosmetic procedure, for which there is no medical "need" in the first place.

The question is - will you be happy enough with implants alone, since you will have the benefit of a procedure with minimal scarring (as opposed to adding a breast lift, for which there is much more scarring)?  Unfortunately, I don't think you will be.  Implants, even large ones, provide only a minimal lift and, more precisely, mostly give the appearance of a lift (in that there is superior volume where there was little to none preop).  I'm concerned that implants alone for you will either provide adequate superior volume but then have your nipples/areolas too low or, if placed at the current position of your nipples/areolas, will be too low.

I would most likely recommend a breast lift with the implants in order for you to be happy with the shape and position of your breasts.  It is, of course, difficult to determine this via an online consult and, in your best interest, you should have one (or more) consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons near you who can examine you in person and discuss the pros and cons of each of the surgical options.  There may not be one "correct" answer but, after spending some time with the surgeons and thinking about the choices, you may be more comfortable as to which direction in which you want to proceed.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E
Member of RealSelf100

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Needed?

+1
Based upon your photos implants alone would likely leave you with a low nipple and areola.  Also you will likely still have breast skin resting on your ribs.  Some patients prefer that to the scars of a breast lift.  Overall, however, it looks like a lift would give you the best overall shape.  Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Is breast lift necessary with implants?

+1
Based on your photographs, it appears that you would need a breast lift (mastopexy) along with your breast augmentation in order to receive a result that will make you happy.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon and schedule an appointment to explore the best option for you.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Do I absolutely need a breast lift with my breast augmentation?

+1
The angles of view of your photographs make it difficult to make an absolute decision. However, based on what I can see, you will not get a good result with breast augmentation alone. You will need a lift.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon