I Want to Have 615cc and Need an Uplift, Can They Be Done at the Same Time?

I want to have 615cc and need an uplift, can they be done at the same time. One surgeon says yes, one says no, Im 5'4'', 9,1/2 stone, 34d-cup, my left breast is perfect(in shape) but my right breast sags 2 inches lower

Implant Selection Process

+1

It may be possible to achieve symmetry with a small Right breast lift, but I would caution about a major breast lift with large implants.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Lift and augmentation

+1

Certainly a lift and an augmentation can be done at the same time in most cases. Some surgeons choose to stage them.  It is personal choice.

Breast Augmentation - Implants and a Lift at Same Time?

+1

There is no absolute answer on this.  Some surgeons insert the implants and then do the lift, some do it the other way around and, increasingly, some surgeon are staging the procedures so that they do one part first (usually the lift) and then wait several months to allow adequate healing, at which point they'll insert the implants.  Without being to see you it's impossible even to offer a suggestion.

However, the larger the implant you're considering the more it makes sense to stage the procedures (ie, to do them at separate times).  Finally, though, if one breast is fine (ie does that one need a lift, too?) and you're having implants on both sides but only need a lift on one, then I would be more likely to be comfortable doing all of that at one procedure.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1

Without examining you or seeing a picture this is difficult to answer.   615cc is quite large and I likely would not recommend going this big if you need a lift.  More often than not the breast cannot support this volume and you will be dissatisfied with the long term result.  Good luck!

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lifting Together?

+1

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination.

As you have discovered, this is not a question agreed-upon by all plastic surgeons. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.

In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

Lift and augmentation.

+1

This is a challenging procedure, but I feel that a breast lift and augmentation can be performed at the same setting, safely and with predictable results. You should make sure that your plastic surgeon is comfortable with the procedure and performs it frequently.

Dustin L. Reid, MD