I Want to Know if 500cc Implants Are Right for my Size? (photo)

I'm currently a small A cup wanting a D cup size. i'm 23, 5'5, 127lbs, I originally chose 475cc silicone high profile implants but when i went in for my pre-op appt i showed my surgeon the photo attached and he said its more of a 500cc implant if i wanted that desired look. Now that i've bumped up my implant size I am a bit worried they will look too big on my frame. Big is ok but I dont want a really huge fake look. Will I be ok for that size?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Right size for you...

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Avoid large implants, they are not stable long term

+1

You have told us your cup size but not your chest size.  If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  You can compute the volume that will be required to achieve 3 cup size increase.  The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and less likely to ripple.  However, it is possibel that the implant as large as 500 cc will not fit behind your muscle.  If a large implant is placed it will extrude inferiorly and laterally, you will require revisions and you will not get the result you desire.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breasts usually look fake after breast augmentation because of capsular contracture not because of the size of the implant.

+1

Although the implants you're talking about are large I think without capsular contracture they should look quite nice.

Large breast implants on a thin woman

+1

Dear Tiffany,

In general, large breast implants on a thin woman look fake and huge.  500cc is a large implant and you are a thin woman.  Add a high profile and forget about it.  In your favor is the fact that you are tall and won't look as fake in clothing (as long as its loose fitting).  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

I Want to Know if 500cc Implants Are Right for my Size?

+1

The difference between 475 cc and 500 cc is difficult to appreciate, and you should pick the one you like better.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Hi Tiffany

There is not much of a difference between 475 and 500 cc. You should try some breast implant sizers and look at yourself in the mirror. I ask my patients to bring their favourite T shirt and their favourite top and try different implant sizers till they are happy. As Dr Hayhurst said try a 475 on one side and a 500cc on the other and have a look. It ultimately depends on the look you are after.

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

What is the right size breast implant

+1

475 or 500 cc are big implants given your frame size seen on your pictures. I would imagine you will be bigger then D. Your doctor can guide you best and should be able to show you pictures to help. It is always best to look at pre and post operative photos to get a feel for what size implant does for a particular body and breast shape. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

500cc implants right for me?

+1

No one can tell you which you will like better. My advice is to put a 475cc implant on one side and a 500cc implant on the other side, in front of your normal breast, inside a bra you plan to wear after surgery and pick the one you estimate you'll be happy with. You can't get more accurate information than that! You're the only one who knows what you think is "a really huge fake look". The 25cc (It's less than 1oz.) you are dithering over is miniscule compared to the very significant increase in size you're going to see. You have a nice slender figure and a good shape and you should get an excellent result with either size. You haven't said if you're wearing 34 or 36 bras but I'm guessing 34 or perhaps even smaller. Remember that after surgery you may find a larger selection of 36D or 36DD bras and you may change the size you wear. I would not be surprised if you said after surgery you were wearing some of each size depending of the brand etc. You're likely to be very pleased with your final result. Best wishes for happiness the rest of your life.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon