I Want to Know if 300 Cc is the Right Size for Me To Correct Volume Loss, But Remain a D Cup? (photo)

Im 105 lbs 4'11 and currently wear a 34 D size bra, but have lost tons of volume from pregnancy and they sag a bit, so i am getting a lift and implants, so I'm not sure where a 300 cc will put at. i wanna remain a full D

Breast implants add volume and increase size

+2

Thank you for your question and the photo.  If you are already a 34D and want to remain a D, then adding a 300 cc implant will make you bigger than a D.  If you don't mind being a DD, then the implant is probably okay.  If you are getting a lift and only want the implant for fullness in the upper part of your breast, then you may want to consider a smaller implant that has less projection but still has a good base diameter.  I hope this helps. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Best of Luck.

Implants to correct volume loss

+2
Loose rule of thumb, 300 cc is about a cup size and a half in volume. However, this does not mean it will increase your bra by a cup size and a half. Bra sizes depend on the style and make of the bra(I.e. A "d" in one brand may be a "c" in another brand, so which one is right? You should discuss your desires with your board certified plastic surgeon to best accomplish your goals.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size in Breast Augmentation Surgery

+2

During the consultation I try not to focus on cup size but rather on a pictorial or visual result.  Not every has the the same visual concept of a "D" cup.  Pictures of breast shape help me determine what the patient is looking for as a result.  A 300 cc implant with your volume would make you pretty large but that may your concept of a D cup.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

300 cc implants

+2

It is always best to go for an exam first to evaluate the volume of breast tissue you have and your overall anatomy.  You will need a lift as well to make the breasts look nice.

300cc for volume

+2

I think 300cc will be a great size for you in my opinion. Typically, I don't like to put an implant much larger than that in at the same time I perform a breast lift. Good luck with your surgeries.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Implant size

+2

The short answer is probably yes.

The long answer is implant size is a very complex issue because there are positives and negatives that need to be considered.

First of all, what all patients are looking for is a certain "look" that they want to achieve.  I find it best to determine the "look" by having the patient try on implants (under a sports bra and clothing). Once the "look" is achieved then we see what size and style implant gave that look.  We then consider the pluses and minuses of using that size and style of implant. This includes the integration of the measurements that are done before trying on the implants. The negatives may include more chance of seeing or feeling the ripples of the implant, accelerated drooping of the breasts, outer fullness, less natural look, etc.  The eventual size decision is a compromise between the positive attributes associated with achieving the "look" and the negatives associated with the size of the implant.

I try not to focus on cup size because it varies based on not only the breast size but the bra size and style.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size to Achieve Goals?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Breast augmentation and lifting is indicated in your case. Based on the current  condition of your breasts,  I think you will end up with a very nice result after a well executed press augmentation/mastopexy procedure.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In other words, don't base your  pre-operative communication and  and postoperative happiness  solely on a specific cup size.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

The "correct" volume for breast augmentation is individual and patient-specific: There is no one correct size for everyone!

+2

So long as it is at least 4 months since you have stopped breast feeding, you can come in for a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon at any time.  You will have a complete medical history taken and a full physical examination. 

At your consultation, it may be helpful to bring in photographs of the type of results that you wish to have.  In my practice, I call these "WISH PICTURES".  These enable me to know more specifically what's in a woman's "mind's eye" and to best help to decide which volume might be best to achieve her desired result.

While 300 cc might be appropriate for one woman, it may not do the trick for another.  Each woman's body is different and must be approached in an individualized fashion. 

Only by doing your homework by finding wish pictures and being sure to visit a surgeon with a great deal of experience with the procedure you are seeking, can you give yourself the best opportunity to achieve the beautiful result you are looking for.

Karen M. Horton, MD, MSc, FACS, FRCSC

San Francisco, CA

Karen M. Horton, MD

What breast implant is right for me?

+2

Thank you for the photograph. It does appear that you will need both a lift and an implant to restore you to a more youthful appearance. This is an amazing surgery to re-shape the breasts. The complexity of the surgery with a lift, augmentation, asymmetry and often reduction of some of your own breast tissue makes it almost impossible to predict. The key is communicating with your surgeon to make sure that he/she understand your goals. This can be done verbally or more specifically through photographs so that they can make adjustments if the 300 cc implant is quite right. Make sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon to get the best result.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

If you currently wear a D cup, what was your cup size prior to losing all your volume?  It does not seem like your current breast volume fills a D cup.  It is important to get an accurate assessment of the current breast volume, so an accurate assessment can be made of the desired breast volume.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD